Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KyleO

That worked --

·
Registered
530 Posts
if only they would make a new drz, a 450, fuel injected six speed...with a speedo unit that i could figure out...

a boy can dream can't he?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
if only they would make a new drz, a 450, fuel injected six speed...with a speedo unit that i could figure out...

a boy can dream can't he?
if you add a slipper clutch, great brakes and suspension, and about 30 more HP to your list, it sounds like you're dreaming of a ktm 690smc

·
Registered
530 Posts
i enjoy knowing i could go around the world 3times and still have some life in her..
and ktm seem to want to much $$$. i'll just buy two drz's for the price of one ktm

dont think you can race a 690 in a 450 class

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
dont think you can race a 690 in a 450 class
I don't think you'd want to race a DRZ in a 450 class either, and I own a DRZ... too bad its just such a gutless bike, if it wasn't so damn reliable i wouldn't be on it! oh well, its only a matter of time before i get another supermoto with more jam again.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I don't think you'd want to race a DRZ in a 450 class either, and I own a DRZ... too bad its just such a gutless bike, if it wasn't so damn reliable i wouldn't be on it! oh well, its only a matter of time before i get another supermoto with more jam again.
i'd race a drz450 with a six... since that was my post to start with.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Everyone hates on the drz so much, but do a few mods, and they will hang pretty good.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Everyone hates on the drz so much, but do a few mods, and they will hang pretty good.
Oh I agree with you, its all down to the rider really. I love the reliability of the bike and do have a ton of fun on it as you basically just put gas in it and go, its just that I just miss having the extra 20 HP jam under the tank from my old CRF450r because you can just do so much with the extra power on tap; when the front wheels dropping and almost on the ground at the end of a wheelie, for example, that extra power will allow you to just gently roll on the throttle and effortlessly bring it right back up to whatever angle you want; the DRZ just doesn't have the same grunt to do it as you really have to manhandle it to compensate for that lack of power. I ride with some fast guys on much more powerful SMs but once you get the taste of the extra power and learn what you can do with it on a SM, you'll find everything lesser to still be fun, just not as fun... and you just can't get that taste out of your mouth for more power...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts