SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my handlebars to Protapers, but I'll need some type of mirror capability to get it inspected. It looks to me (looking at all the DRZ400sm pics on here) that the aftermarket bars don't have bar ends. So what do you do? Where do you put the mirror? How does a handguard mount? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
couldnt you just bolt on the big ugly stock ones for the time of inspection then take them back off

I wouldn't mind having one to see with on the street too I guess

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I would think that your bar ends would fit on the pro-tapers. If not, you can probably find a set that will.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Cycle Gear has bar-end mirrors (2 per box) that you can mount upside-down on your bars.... I see better out of these than the stockers on my KTM...

Here's a pic of them on my old 525... I just did the same thing to my 690 SMC....... :thumbup:

**Ignore the white spot by the tank and on the rear tire... I got a little sloppy when editing out my tag # ...***

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice pics guys!!! Thanks for the info

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked out the Advanced Performance Accessories website...I'm assuming I need the "perch" mount and not the "clamp" mount style mirror for my DRZ right?

·
Hawk Baron
1,502 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got the advanced performance perch mount...it friggin' rocks!!! I love it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the idea! I took off the goofy mirrors and added handguards but then no place for other mirrors so i have a janky set up now but the mirrors from cycle gear look great.

thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts