SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, I'm having a hard time finding K model info for my 00 DRZ k and looking around this forum there's not a bunch of info on the differences.

Ok the obvious, mines a kickstart off-road only version that I made street legal.

Which FCR does it have? I'm assuming the older "taffy mod" since its a 2000. Also I was reading that the K/E has different cams?..? Whats the rough guess on the power output of an E model vs. a S or SM?

Right now the bike is stock, making it easy to kickstart, but I'm looking into the big bore kit..... Its that going to make it hard to start or any less reliable? AND the big bore kit is made for an 03 and up.... Mine's a 00... Whats up w/that?

I know that the K is quite a bit lighter, not only because I dont have a battery or starter, but no under fender frame and a bunch of smog stuff, but HOW much lighter is it?

Right now my bike is geared 14/47, and without a speedo yet (Vapor is on the way) I have no clue how fast I am going. I know it sounds like its winding out at about 75ish, but thats compared to other cars on the highway.

Overall the bike is a blast to ride, wheelies in first or second w/no prob and clutch ups in 3rd. Bike is completely stock btw, of course the stuff that made it street legal... My Warp9 SM setup should be here in the next couple days! :bike:

Any other street legal E or K model guys out there???? Post up your K/E model info and what you have done!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
thumpertalk is the place to go for drz info

it has the 39mm FCR - same as the E
if I remember right, quoted dry weight was something like 252 on the K model?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Being it is a 2000, I would put a mcct on that bike asap if you haven't yet!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry, its a manual cam chain tensioner. The '00-02 was prone to failure and should be replaced. They sell them over on Thumpertalk for cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts