SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I have an 09 DRZ w/ 3900 miles. It has ran great and currently has been jetted and 3X3'd.
So I leave on it this morning to get my hair cut. When I'm leaving barber I turn key to on , lights come on, but starter won't work - no noise - nothing. I mess with kill switch - nothing. I'm getting ready to push jump it and one more try - it starts. I go to bank, come out, it starts fine. Go to auto parts store - come out - won't start. Killswitch, on off combos, nothing. I push jump it in 2nd and fail. In frustration hit starter button and it fires. WTF???
I get home in the garage and it starts perfectly like 3 times, so it's not the battery. It's been hot here but I'm at a loss. Anyone got the 411 on this problem??
Thanks

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Check bolts that connect wires to battery. One may be loose. Or could be kick stand switch. Check clutch safety switch too. Most likely loose battery terminals.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I can't remember, but isn't there a clutch safety switch? I know there is a side stand safety switch too. A lot of these little switches get corroded and act up after a while - especially if it's in the elements a lot. I had to pull my brake light switch (near the right lever) and do a little refurbishing on it a while back to get it to work consistently.

Yours is pretty new though (mine is a 2003 with 20k+ miles). A lot of the switches are pretty easy to test with a simple multimeter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts