SuperMoto Junkie banner

DRZ: how many MPG per tank

8K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  WoodMotorsports 
#1 ·
Hey guys can yall tell me about how many mpg yall are getting per tank? thanks

#5 ·
Thats what i was thinkin, i just bought the bike the other day and i didnt know an estimate is to when i should go ahead and hit the pump, thanks

#10 ·
It depends. If I'm just commuting to work and around town I get around 59 mpg, which should be good for about 145 miles. In the twisties I start looking for gas at about 90 miles though.

#11 ·
I fill up at 85mi but running it to reserve I can get 100 easily. I just fill up at 85 to be on the safe side and I don't ride the bike "gently" I think if I rode it like a normal human I'd get a lot more miles but it is a DRZ...hence the hooligan antics.

#15 ·
I just checked mine i think im getting about 90-100, all stock...... but thats with a few miles here and there heavy on the throtle and working on my wheelies........

#16 ·
3x3, full Yosh, jetted, I recorded 60mpg the other day. I might add that I was giving it complete hell the entire tank. Numbers do not mean anything if you have to take it easy. Thats right Prius owners.

#21 ·
I must be doing something wrong then, my bike cut out on an off-ramp at 69 miles... I put it on reserve and went right to the gas station. There, I crunched the numbers and it was just under 44 mpg. The bike had under 1400 miles on it when I got it last week. I guess I was "pretty hard" on the throttle, but the thing is basically stock.

Would the 3x3 mod and a jet kit help get me a few more mpgs? I might do it anyway, because the thing could really use a little more power.

#22 ·
I filled up yesterday morning and rode all day and had to hit reserve at 115, then went strait to the pump, had me pretty hype because $7.00 is anotgher 100 miles!!!!!! hell ya, Eat shit gas prices!!!!!:2hard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.