SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i just bought a Sunline AV one 7/8 handle bar for my DRZ400SM, what is the best barclamp is there any suggestion :headscrat

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Depends. Is your bike 06 or older,then stock 7/8 bar clamps will work. If you have 07 and up bar clamps are 1 1/8 and 7/8 won't fit. If you have the latter,take 7/8 bars back and get 1 1/8,because they are stronger.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bike is 06 model so i need to buy a 7/8 clamp right, and im using it on road so i need something cheap and strong, can you tell any brand to suggest me?

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
my bike is 06 model so i need to buy a 7/8 clamp right, and im using it on road so i need something cheap and strong, can you tell any brand to suggest me?
06 has 7/8 clamp from factory,unless it was changed out. 07 and newer have 1 1/8 bars from factory. Stock clamps are fine.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
The bad part of the stock clamps are the rubber bushings. They can get twisted up and make bars seem bent. Most of time,Just loosen clamp bolts and releive the bind. Go to www.wheelingcyclesupply.com they have replacement bushings that are harder compound.
Better yet, get the rubber killers and you don't have to worry about twisting anymore. Wheeling has those too. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Better yet, get the rubber killers and you don't have to worry about twisting anymore. Wheeling has those too. :thumbup:
Yes do this!:thumbup: I've heard good things about them. Bought mine a while ago and keep forgetting to put them in. Pretty nice though, anodized red!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
these are really cool and good looked but in my country its very difficult to find that kind of stuff...:anim_peep::anim_peep:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts