SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this past week I had a terrible experience with the customer staff at Langston Racing in Lake Elsinore.

I ordered a fender for my DRZ supermoto over the phone which was drawback number one. I did this because their website doesn't have a secure ordering area (drawback number two). So anyway, I ordered the part from a guy named Joe. He claimed he knew everything about supermoto, especially the DRZ because they had a custom built DRZ that they were very proud of. Now, when I first called, I asked him about the part number in question verifying that the fender in question was shorter than the OEM fender. After [FALSELY] reassuring me that it was shorter, he tried to up-sell me on the FCR carb, etc. So we agreed on shipping and everything etc.

This morning, the fender arrives. I get it out of the box and I know immediately, it's an OEM sized fender. But thinking I might be wrong, I go down to the garage, and sure enough, same sized. So I call...

I end up on the phone with Joe again, and he says (and I'm quoting) "How am I supposed to know about what a supermoto fender is?" He LITERALLY played like he didn't know!!! Or maybe he genuinely didn't know; but, this meant he lied to me about how much he knew about the DRZ (or their parts) when I ordered the thing in the first place!!! So after much disgruntled conversation, I was told I'd be charged to return the part (as well as ship it to them). When I protested further, I was told that no one would talk to me about the issue any further. I assume one of the owners (the woman with the English/Australian accent?) said that they weren't worried about their reputation of one grumpy customer (me! :D), which spoke volumes, and is why I am trying to save you any hassle.

I guess the $9.00 in RMA shipping was worth it to them!

~

Anyone need an OEM-ish aftermarket front fender for the DRZ? :lol:

In keeping with site rules, I won't recommend some of their competitors, but if you message me, I will recommend some shops!

I'd stay away from those guys. You might have a terrible headache like I did. And I'm serious about wanting to unload this DRZ fender. $30 total, and I'll bring it to you in the unopened plastic if you live in the L.A. area!!! PM me!

·
Banned
72 Posts
i wont use them

i was going to order some parts of them i just looked at there website today thanks for the heads up im from england and we sound foook all like aussies lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard the Wheeling Cycle supply is quite good at shipping orders to the UK.

There's a guy there named Forrest that has many satisfied customers on my DRZ400 forum, and I purchased my Edge2 Taillight assembly from them last year. Try those guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts