SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:headscrat:headscrat:headscrat:headscratmy drz 400sm dies on me and dosnt like to start when it sits for like day...its almost like its runninig out of gas.i already took the charc. canister off.when i get it going sometimes it will run good and one time it wouldnt start all day...i put the canister back on today but havnt had a chance to c if that might b it.any ideas?thanx

it has a yoshi full pipe and thats it for mods..:headscrat

·
Registered
629 Posts
how many miles? is it stored inside? have you checked the valves? plug? spark? pilot jet? That carb is fun to remove.

·
Registered
819 Posts
i think the drz's have a problem with a kinked vent tube going to the gas valve.....check that first

3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its got 2500 miles,garaged valves were just done last week and didnt fix it,they were preaty much in spec.,plug is clean and havnt checked the spark,and havnt done n e thing with the carb yet trying to avoid it...and ill hav to check the vent tube 2marro...its really weird been doing it for a lil over a week on and off

·
Registered
629 Posts
If that pilot jet jet is clogged, then it would have trouble starting. Check the hoses, voltage, then carb. You may want to buy some allen head bolts to replace the float bowl bolts to make the job easier next time.

·
Registered
284 Posts
switch the petcock over to the "prime" position and see if the problem goes away. If so, the vacuum line is off or kinked. If problem doesn't go away, you may have some blockage in the petcock, fuel lines or carb.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
My guess is......Junk or water in the float bowl. Drain the carb into a clean container and see if there is anything visible.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yea, the overflow line will mess things up check that. Go through the carb, there is a little mesh screen in it that usually got some fuzzy stuff in it. Clean it all out with carb cleaner and air.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts