SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace the clutch in my drz but not sure wether to go for a set of stock plates or the barnett heavy duty clutch kit. Some people say that the barnett is better but then others say you can't get better than a stock one. The bike gets wheelied a lot so the clutch does get a bit of abuse.
What's your opinions, upgrade it or replace with stock parts?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
How many miles are on your current clutch? What oil was used? I am just kinda wondering how much life you got out of it with wheelie abuse.

·
Registered
523 Posts
how many miles?? ive got around 10,000miles on my z and ive noticed that its getting harder to wheelie, it doesnt snap up to balance point, when i pop the clutch it seems to slip before it bites properly which it never used to do, makes it a bit harder to wheelie, think i might take out the plates and measure em....

·
Registered
483 Posts
cant beat the tusk kit, $45 with hd clutch springs. ive put 5 of there kits in my bikes with no issues. heard they are made by ebc, 2 of mine came in ebc packaging.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered a new set of Suzuki plates yesterday so they'll be going in soon.
I'm not sure of the mileage on mine, the speedo cable snapped ages ago but it had covered 3,000 miles when I bought it and I'd guess it's probably done around 12,000 now and I've always used silkolene semi synthetic (not sure of the grade tho, possibly 10w40).
Mine started slipping slightly when clutching sit down wheelies then it would only lift up if I had my foot in the bar at the back, then after a while all I could do was yank it up stood on the seat then one day it just have up completely! The clutch has had alot of abuse though, i learnt wheelies and rolling burnouts on it so I'm not surprised the plates are knackered!

·
Registered
261 Posts
how many miles?? ive got around 10,000miles on my z and ive noticed that its getting harder to wheelie, it doesnt snap up to balance point, when i pop the clutch it seems to slip before it bites properly which it never used to do, makes it a bit harder to wheelie, think i might take out the plates and measure em....
Woah, you guys eat your clutch pretty quick. I'm at almost 30000 km and the clutch is pretty good shape. That's including weekly sideways track action, 21/18 off road ride and normal hooligan fun. Had it out the other day due to a snapped shifter return spring and they look like they can last for another long while. Maybe cuz I am running a lower gear ratio. :headscrat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts