SuperMoto Junkie banner

DRZ 400 vs HUSKY 510 FAST SUPERMOTO CHASE and the winner is ???

6K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  anthonyzx10r 
#1 ·
#4 ·
So that's what it takes to be fast. You just have to be willing to hang your entire upper body out into oncoming traffic in every left hand corner. :headshake

#7 ·
first time i saw the video, i thought, NICE ROAD

second time - damn, they're going too fast

third time - damn, they don't give a shit if they take out a cyclist/car/pedestrian/themselves

fourth time - damn, hope someone arrests them

look how many times the 2nd rider crosses the yellow lines, in blind turns. how close he is to the vegetation on blind right handers. total disreguard for safety. the 30 or so people that saw them riding that way will always remember the douchebags speeding up the hill instead of the polite drivers/riders. thanks a ton for spitting all over the motorcycling community.

#11 ·
well everyone has there own opinion but whats the fun in riding safe all the time. i would have rode just like that up the hill. riding slow and being carefull is okay but thats not me. i have to get my fix somehow and breaking the law always does it for me. :thumbup:

#12 ·
watch out for pushbikes

a few times the camera man was a bit too close to the cyclists. the cyclists were hugging the right hand side of the road and yeah, the pushbikes may have been close to the apex but this isn't a race (is it?). cyclists tend to be a vocal bunch. it's bad enough to piss off cagers so don't get another group frothing to invite leos to wreck the party.

#13 ·
a few times the camera man was a bit too close to the cyclists. the cyclists were hugging the right hand side of the road and yeah, the pushbikes may have been close to the apex but this isn't a race (is it?). cyclists tend to be a vocal bunch. it's bad enough to piss off cagers so don't get another group frothing to invite leos to wreck the party.
ok here we go --- i have buddies that ride cycles but you know they should ride beach courser some were we dont ride -- motorcycle riders pay registration to ride on the roads pedal bikes dont i say get them off the roads

#19 ·
A. I didn't find the video THAT bad, there were a few "whoa" moments, but all in all, not psychotic, and the double yellow isn't a force field last time I checked....:rolleyes:

B. The bicyclists...while I agree that they should be allowed to "share the road" I also believe that they should share the burden, via registration/insurance/property taxes. I'm serious. Usually I'd be against such a thing, but there's been all too many times that I've had that scenario where they're "exercising their rights" and taking up just about the entire road. And what about all the "bike specific" lanes on roads? Who pays for that? What about the specific bike trails that wind through state parks and whatnot? When operating a bicycle on a public road, you're nothing more than an unregistered/uninsured motorist in my eyes....

Recently I had the displeasure of being behind 12-15 of these jack-offs, 4 wide on a busy road, WITH a chase vehicle (pickup truck with tires/drinks/whatnot in the bed), I was in my diesel bucket truck that had a failing injector pump (tee-hee), took me a good 5 miles at 15-20mph to finally get a safe place to pass them, which I did, and made it a point to ride the brake, whilst flooring the pedal, therefore dumping copious amounts of raw fuel into the engine, producing epic proportions of thick, black, soot ridden smoke. Here, have some instant lung cancer.:thumbup:

Before any of you jump in my face about any of this, I used to ride for 7-11, doing metrics, and the occasional criterion, and never, ever blocked the flow of traffic, had the mentality that I "had the right of way" or any of that pompous B/S. I had literally thousands upon thousands of miles logged on my Cannondale before I was Dr. ordered to quit pedaling, or risk permanent damage to my knees.:rant:

#20 ·
It's a very touchy subject and these things will never stop. I happen to live in wine country home to many roads where cyclist fromaround the country and world train. We get boat loads to the point were they shut roads down for them. I think they should be allowed to ride but if we pay....they pay is my opinion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.