SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have sold my bike to my nephew and he's telling me that when he pull's the front end up in second gear the motor start's to quit,the bike just starts to come up and the motor dies ! When the front wheel is back on the ground the bike takes off like a bullet. He said it wasn't doing it when he first got the bike about 2 weeks back but now it seem's to do this alot in second & third gear's and this is either with a full tank or half,if you keep the front end down it moves out as normal. Anyone care to analize this issue ???:hmmm:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hmm, do these bikes have a kill switch? I can't recall if they do or not... He may be getting it up higher and if they DO have a kill switch he could be hitting that.

That or it's a fuel delivery problem of some kind.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
ive only had my drz for a few weeks but ive already cruised along for a couple miles at 12oclock scraping the taillight without any problems.. so im pretty sure there is no type of angle sensor or anything.... maybe he just got a bad batch of fuel? dont know. im new to sumo's so im still learning the lil differences about them and sportbikes

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We will check the kickstand switch,that could be it ? The motor cuts out when front end is off the ground maybe alittle over a foot !

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Kickstand safety switch. His heel is hitting it when he wheelies the bike. Common occurance when wheelying or standing up. The stand only needs to move a small bit for it to trigger.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We will be pulling that off tonight ! These young kid's can't ride anywhere without doing a wheelie or 2 !!

·
Registered
300 Posts
i tried last week to see if i could run some errands without wheeliing. impossible. i just simply have to do it at least once. i mean come on, its not a cruiser. ps if i wanted to be safe i'd buy a volvo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts