SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still getting the bike ready for it's first track day (and mine) :D..I wanted to open up the stock pipe instead of getting an aftermarket pipe because I don't have a racing head on. Heard of "opening up" the washer or restictor plate at the beginning of the pipe that is connected to the head, or removing it for more air/power. Also read some other forums about cutting off the spark arrestor at the end of the pipe that adds a bit of power.

Wanted to know if anyone out there has tried these modifications? and is it worth doing?..bike is bone stock. Plan on getting new air filter instead of the airbox the stock bike has. Wanted to see how much speed I can get this mini going without kicking my wallets ass! ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heard of the "drilling" method. How do you do that? I'll take a look at the pipe today to see if that makes sense, but I don't understand the drilling part? :hmmm:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I hogged out the header pipe with a carbide bit and an air powered die grinder ... People say they have drilled theirs out .. It's gonna take a pretty large bit too .. Idk how people drilled theirs out with out go'n crazy .. It took me a while with that bit ..

Also pull the rubber snorkel out of the air box .. You might need to jet it too ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it is just widening up the opening of the pipe that is connected to the head? I remember taking a look at it a couple months ago. And I wondered where I should start drilling? :headscrat Really confusing stuff for this amateur.

I also took the snorkel out a month ago, and it seemed like just not getting any speed. Almost losing some...I only jetted it once while removed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ya .., it's about widening the pipe where it meets the head ... I know that you can buy stock exhaust billet end tips for cheap money .. http://www.pitking.com/pt/703-T.html ... Idk if they do much for the bike ... But you don't have ta ruin a perfectly good silencer when you may need it down the road to be stealthy again .. ;)

If you haven't already ? ... You may want to think about gearing it to get more get up and go .. In it's stock form ... the KLX 110 goes much slower when you add a rider roughly twice the weight of what is was designed to carry .. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, man. :lol: thanks for the help! Makes a lot more sense..and I weigh a rough 135lbs. haha! So there won't be much problem there. :thumbup: Thank you for the help! I was actually looking at adding a fourth gear an hour ago. Plus switching sizes on the sprockets.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts