I have to drive 8 hours round trip to pick it up-
is there anything that goes wrong with these bikes
that I should look for ??

I sure wish SM bikes were more popular -
driving 400 miles to pick up a bike Sucks- Jay-

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hey man, I'm in Austin, too. Let me know when you get a bike.

I got my DRZ a few months ago out of Arlington. Only had two thousand miles so I really didn't have much to worry about.

What mods does the bike have done? How much? A lot of deals to be had, some even closer to us. I know someone in Houston that just got an '09 with low miles for 3100 or 3200.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Basically just the normal things like a reg bike. Might check teh drain plugs and make sure they arent cracked. Run it and make sure it shifts smooth. The DRZ is pretty badass. You can ask nyJ he has seen mine and the abuse I put it thru and she just keeps on ticking. Ride her hard and put her up wet and still begs for more :arsenal

But yeah if you are in Austin look up sweet pea above and he will show you what they are about. I need to come over there one weekend and make a ride again soon!:anim_peep:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Only problems I've ever run into on the DRZsm are factory loose spokes, electrical short in clutch safety switch and leaks at the header to midpipe junction.
All easy fixes.

I'd just remove that clutch saftey switch all together. Looked at a few DRZ's on the showroom floor and the switch wires were exposed under the cover just like mine was.
When it shorts out the clutch lever and perch gets smoking hot and the cable seizes inside the sheath.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All--
Just got home from picking up my DRZ -
Its Real clean no scratches -- 8k miles
Looks to have been well kept--
came with a Good shop manual that has no greasy
finger prints--

Buzzed it around the area tonight and there
may be a loose wire or something in the head lite-
it flickers some ---

Its going to be Fun ---->

·
Registered
146 Posts
Grats there buddy! Been shopping for a couple months now finally had to start looking in the States up here in Canada this stuff is not plentiful... I'll be the COOLEST cat in Ontario when I get one though ;) :D

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
yall people from austin pm me one of these weekends and me and a buddy will shoot up there and ride with yall

1 - 8 of 8 Posts