SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, just took delivery of my '08 today, LOVIN IT! can't wait for the snow to stop here in Iowa so i can ride it. As i did with my ducati, i want to chop the tail on this bad-boy though (yes, congrats... it's a boy!). I did my Monster chop myself but don't want to mess with this one. who's got tail chop / integrated light suggestions for me???

cheers,
-Alan

·
Registered
95 Posts
Alan, check out www.clearalternatives.com look up the integrated led tail light for the R6. I just installed it on mine!! looks slick, nice to hook up and very bright!! There is two different styles I have the diamond shape one. I will post photos when by transition from dirt to sm is complete. Waiting on a new set of rad rims & hubs (yellow/yellow)
cheers,
Steely

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alan, check out www.clearalternatives.com look up the integrated led tail light for the R6. I just installed it on mine!! looks slick, nice to hook up and very bright!! There is two different styles I have the diamond shape one. I will post photos when by transition from dirt to sm is complete. Waiting on a new set of rad rims & hubs (yellow/yellow)
cheers,
Steely

Any chance of seeing a quick pic? I'd really like to see it installed on the SM before i buy it. i'm having trouble making a decision between this and DRZ...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I need a new picture marker....., dropped mine!! It is about the shape of the edge tail/brake light but it fits best about 6 " in from the very end of the fender. Very sleek unless your behind the bike you can not notice it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got a DRZ and love it.
As far as "chopping" the rear, I don't know how far you want to go but I've got a pre-chopped subframe w/ R1 light that I keep meaning to put up for sale. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Guys, I have a question about the Edge Taillight.
I have an 05 SM and I'm wondering how much modification has to be done to install The Edge taillight on my model .

Thanks
YYT

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Guys, I have a question about the Edge Taillight.
I have an 05 SM and I'm wondering how much modification has to be done to install The Edge taillight on my model .

Thanks
YYT
Get the Edge (NOT the Edge 2). The Edge has a metal bracket and bolts right up. The Edge 2 has a big plastic plate and might need to be drilled to fit. when you do get it make sure to put the bracket ON TOP of the subframe but below the fender - it fits in there really tight and looks nice and clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts