SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just got a new dr-z400sm and hate everything stock. I've already changed the exhaust and installed a new tail light im looking at handle bars but not sure whats the best buy and what will fit. i also wanted to change the wheels and tires to something a little more eye catching heres a few pics of my bike any any and all suggestions are welcome

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'm not sure on that. Do a search over on Thumpertalk in the DRZ section. There's more info. on there than you can shake a stick at. I would guess something like a CR high bend. Forrest @ Wheeling Cycle would know. He had the bar clamps as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok yah the mirrors and blinkers are going i found a pair of zeta hand guards that have the blinkers built in them so thats probley what im gona get for that but the mirrors I've had a hard time finding a pair that suit the bike

·
Registered
7 Posts
My bike came with Renthal Fat bars from the dealer. Its an 07. Is this something they all came with or did I get an upgrade?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't forget the factory magnetic drain plug! Maybe they all come with it, but I was under the impression it would be wise to get one. When I did my first oil change I already had one!!! :clap::infrandom

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
do axle sliders really do a lot ive got an idea what they do but not 100% about them
And if you go w/ skateboard wheels like some people do, go w/ the hardest compound you can find. Skateboard wheels are made to grip, not slide. I believe it was Eddie that said, "A cartwheeling SM will make you cry". :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts