SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK first off I'm thinking about Re-jetting my suzuki DR-Z400S 4 stroke I was looking at the dynojet kit not much reviews on it. Than I looked up JD Jetting kit and people seem to like it better than the dynojet but to the point which one would be better and do I have to do any mods to my bike?

·
Registered
75 Posts
JDJetting on my stock carb and fcr mx carb. You will need to jet the carb accordingly to your elevation. Also 3x3 mod to the air box and aftermarket exhaust to wake the bike up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I about to install my dynojet stage 1 kit. An I think the jd kit also comes with new allen bolts for the bowl? Something like the stock ones phillips head strips easy. Not to sure, but I think the jd kits come with couple different main jets too?

I was actually tring to get the jd kit but my dyslexia kicked in an I got the dj kit!!! Lol. But I think it was on motorcycle superstore an there are all good reviews on the dj kit.

An I heard the jd kit will be ordered to ur specific elevation? Maybe if u order it direct through jd site? I'm sooper noob at this. An been watching vids on how to change jets for couple days now... Lol

My fmf + powerbomb should get here dis tuesday. So that's why I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger.

An I also read the jet kit smoothes out the low end jerk also on the dj kit reviews.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ok so I ended up doing the jd kit. An here's my comparo.

Both kits come with low an high altitude needles. Jd has main jets 145-160. Dj main 130-160. Jus off memory. Jd comes with a 25 pilot. $15 off tt store. Dj no pilot. Jd 4 float bowl screws. Dj none $4 off tt store. Dj comes with extra spring, the big one on the top side of the carb. Jd none. Dj drill bit an screw to remove fuel plug. Jd none. I have both kits. So I can tell u the exact main jets both come with later if anyone needs to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts