SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

My question is.. why DRZ 400 E isn't making ? Why Suzuki interrupted producing? I heard that DRZ is making to much Co2 and other fumes.... and this emmision is to high for these days standards..... but...XR650R's still producing, also wr,exc,cr(hm) x,rxv (450+ class) and other are still producing, but they are makking surely more emmision than DRZ...
I also think but I don't have sureness that DR-Z was better in selling than wr,exc,cr(hm) x, because of DRZ was cheaper in purchase and some times cheaper in exploitation tahn WR's, EXC's etc.

In conclusion I want to ask If anyone know If drz will be back? As bike very chep in exploatation and with durability engine with a lot of oil (more than 0,6liter in CRF ), dohc, classic front fork, but as motocycle very easy in riding and enough power etc etc etc...... I heard aobout RMZ E, but it isn't cheap in exploatation like DRZ....

BTW Sorry 4 my misteakes, my english isn't good.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hi!

My question is.. why DRZ 400 E isn't making ? Why Suzuki interrupted producing? I heard that DRZ is making to much Co2 and other fumes.... and this emmision is to high for these days standards..... but...XR650R's still producing, also wr,exc,cr(hm) x,rxv (450+ class) and other are still producing, but they are makking surely more emmision than DRZ...
I also think but I don't have sureness that DR-Z was better in selling than wr,exc,cr(hm) x, because of DRZ was cheaper in purchase and some times cheaper in exploitation tahn WR's, EXC's etc.

In conclusion I want to ask If anyone know If drz will be back? As bike very chep in exploatation and with durability engine with a lot of oil (more than 0,6liter in CRF ), dohc, classic front fork, but as motocycle very easy in riding and enough power etc etc etc...... I heard aobout RMZ E, but it isn't cheap in exploatation like DRZ....

BTW Sorry 4 my misteakes, my english isn't good.
I highly doubt its an emissions issue. If it was that bad, they wouldnt waste time with it in other versions/atvs

I think it has to do with poor sales, having a nearly identicle road legal version, and the RMZ450.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The emissions issue is preventing the DRZ in all forms from being sold in some countries, so it's coming to that. Otherwise, here in the USA, it was too dated and wasn't selling well. After '06, the E model lacked the FCR, E cams, and single layer base gasket that gave it a performance edge on the S/SM models anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok! Thanks for your reply!

I think it has to do with poor sales, having a nearly identicle road legal version, and the RMZ450.
I'm amateur and I don't want to ride hi-tech motorcycle with hi-tech supension, engine etc. Just I want to ride ride and ride a lot... I don't want to still servicing my bike.... Some hp's and kilos + are not important for me.

I think that are a lot of people they who are thinking like me... In my country DRZ is very very popular. DR350, XR600, DRZ, XRR propably most popular enduro bikes. I thought that in USA people thinks very similar and I thought that this country is the best place of market DRZ, XR....

After '06, the E model lacked the FCR, E cams, and single layer base gasket that gave it a performance edge on the S/SM models anyway.
I heard about it. Do you know If DRZ produced in 06' have khein FCR and other performance from E or not? My friend bought DRZ in 07' and he has FCR in his DRZ....
For example DRZ-E has 48Hp and FCR etc in interval 00' -06'? If 00'-05' ?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Some countries still get the E model w/ the FCR, E cams, & single layer base gasket. It just varies depending on the countries regulations. In the state of California in the USA, the E model had the Mikuni carb., S cams, and 3 layer base gasket several years before the other states. No DRZ has ever come from Suzuki stock w/ anywhere near 48 horsepower at the rear wheels, using the methods employed here. Your measurement methods may be different. S/SM's measure around 35 rear wheel horsepower, and E's probably had 4~7 more hp at the rear wheel. 48 horsepower at the crank is a possibilty if that's how it's measured.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Been doing some searching and researching on here.
Wanting to get a used E for the dirt wheels, carb, cam & base gasket.
That way I could do a motostrano conversion, 3X3, pipe and be finished.
So in order to get these should I look for one that is 06 or older?
Also, do all the DRZ models run the same shock?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Been doing some searching and researching on here.
Wanting to get a used E for the dirt wheels, carb, cam & base gasket.
That way I could do a motostrano conversion, 3X3, pipe and be finished.
So in order to get these should I look for one that is 06 or older?
Also, do all the DRZ models run the same shock?

You need a 50-state '00-'03 or I think a 49-state up to '05.

·
Registered
135 Posts
One way is by looking at the carb. You want the FCR slant body. The problem with this is people swap these carbs onto the 50-state bikes pretty often, so you're not guaranteed to get the E cams. You also can look for a single layer base gasket. The 50-state bikes have less compression and a triple layer base gasket. If you see a rivet on the gasket its 3 layers. If you're able to pull the valve cover off take a look at the cams. The ones you want will be stamped with an A (intake I think) and a B (exhaust I think).

·
Banned
205 Posts
Suzuki stopped production of DRZ(sm) late last year due to emission issues, so you might find the odd one in a dealer if yer lucky. However they have now restarted production on the old DRZ 'E. the E model is classed as a competition bike, so isnt subject to the same strict emission rules of the DRZ (sm)....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts