SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my supermoto guys, it needs a new home. It's a 2004 YZ450F. The bike was built by Graves and was raced in AMA Pro Supermoto by Doug Henry. It was then owned by Josh Herrin who I bought it from. The bike has everything you could ask for including:

- Full Titanium White Brothers Exhaust
-Built motor by Graves with slipper clutch (fresh top end)
- Excel Wheels with Talon Hubs 17"x5" rear and 16.5" front
- Shortened Works Performance Shock and shortened forks
- Graves Triple Clamps (not sure of offset)
- Fully safety wired
- Brembo Master cylinder (may need replacing)
- Brembo 320mm Rotor
- Brembo 4 piston caliper
- Cycra Handgaurds
- The oil tank in the frame is bypassed

There are many more small things that I know I am forgetting. Price is $4,000.
Located in Dublin, GA

I will reply quicker by email. You can reach me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about some close-up pictures of the bike, and without the tire warmers.
I am working on getting the bike cleaned up and taking some pictures of it this afternoon. I just went ahead and posted it with a few pictures I already had on my computer.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
What exactly is done to the engine? Also how many hours since the bottom end has been touched/rebuilt? Also when was teh last tiem the forks where refreshed?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
That you Jake? If so I can vouch for this guy and his bike. Good dude and very clean/fast bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What exactly is done to the engine? Also how many hours since the bottom end has been touched/rebuilt? Also when was teh last tiem the forks where refreshed?
The engine has a ported and polished head, custom cam, high compression piston (stock bore). The bike makes a lot of power. The bottom end has not been touched since I got the bike about 2 years ago. The forks were freshened up shortly before I got the bike. Josh Herrin has James Stewart's X games YZ450F supermoto bike which has a redicuous amount of money invested in it and he can do the same lap times on this bike at MGKT as his Stewart bike.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
This is Jake. Thanks for the good words.
No sweat man. This is Chris, you might remember me by Lebron James though lol. I had the big 525exc earlier this year at MGKT. Glws man.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not to doubt you, but do you have proof this was moto-god Doug Henry's bike, and that you bought it from Josh Herrin (also a master of bike control)? If so I would think this would be a valuable, desirable, piece of moto history. The bike looks very clean in the pics as well.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
this bike looks super clean. The B on the frame i believe means it was a backup/practice bike. Ive seen Burkharts Backup bike from a few years after this one and it sold for a whole lot more. I want to say like 6 or 7k. It did have a lot of spares but i would think this bike would have sold by now.

versys rider, im not sure if there is a database that you can look up the AMA frame number. That would be my guess as to the only proof.

i can't offer any cash, only trades unfortunately. GLWS!:bannana:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Not to doubt you, but do you have proof this was moto-god Doug Henry's bike, and that you bought it from Josh Herrin (also a master of bike control)? If so I would think this would be a valuable, desirable, piece of moto history. The bike looks very clean in the pics as well.

Good luck with the sale.
I know you don't know me but I know Jake and yes I this is Doug Henry's old bike and once was Josh Herrin's bike. I met Jake at Herrin's supermoto school in Georgia in January. we loaded up and drove down from Minnesota to get away for a weekend.
in order in the pic:

Blake Young, Myself (Lee), Josh Herrin, my Buddy Nick, Jake(seller), My Buddy Jon (Duc Man on here)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts