SuperMoto Junkie banner

Dorsoduro SMV750?

4K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  NeoGeniX 
#1 ·
I saw a few posts on the Aprilia out there, haven't heard much about it stateside but what are the North American street 'tarders thoughts on owning one? I've thought about the WR250X but for a few more grand (okay almost double the $$$), it's got a meaner look, much more HP/TQ and better brakes/suspension... Granted heavy and big for a real SM but as a street bike, it'd be a HOOT in my eyes. Shame I live in Florida where every turn is a 90* and elevation changes happen only at over passes and railroad crossings. :) Anyone know for sure when they are due to be released and at what approx price? I've heard anywhere from $8999 to $12K!!! If it's closer to the low end, I may get one.

#4 ·
Nice ride.

But is it really a supermoto bike?

What qualifies as a 'SM' bike is kind of a sliding scale. One good test is how much it weighs and how well it holds up to small/big jumps and small/big crashes. One thing is for sure, it ain't no dirt bike.

On a 1 to 10 scale of this Dorsoduro being a SM bike I'd give it a 6. To me this bike has more in common with a Suzuki SV650 than a SM bike. Will Suzuki retaliate soon with a SV750? It's about time the SV650 got an serious update.

#6 ·
ok how many people jump their street motards? 5%?:headshake

and the Dorso is more of a extreme DL1000 than a budget SV650...

How many LC4 guys jump their bikes? How about Husqy 610SM? not to mention the countless DRZSM around..:infrandom

#5 ·
I've been an Aprilia owner since 2002 and they are by far my favorite brand of motorcycle. BUT, I would suggest you NOT buy a new model. Wait till it comes out to see how well it works or if it is a maintenance nightmare. My RSV is the best thing in terms of reliability. But, the Aprilia dirt bikes, and SM bikes have been very problematic. The resale value also is the pits on Aprilia's. Its wonderful for an Aprilia buyer and keeper like myself.

Give it time.....

#8 ·
i jump my husky, i just suck at it!!!

then again, i've been known to jump my gsxr as well.

anyway, is there's such thing as a bad motorcycle? if you like it, get it. if i listened to what people told me i would have never have owned fiat's, ducati's or a husqvarna. okay, maybe they're bad example. :D

#9 ·
Waiting a while is good advice I think. It gives the new model time to get the bugs worked out, gives the aftermarket time to figure out what works and I'm pretty patient. But it's based on the Shiver right? Same motor and chassis pretty much. I wonder how they are holding up? I just wish the thing was "out there" in the US already. How are the Euro SM gang liking it? And I know it's different, but I was crossing streams and jumping my old XT350. It was a turd but I had a blast on it. It was recently destroyed (along with my supercharged camaro and another car) in a wildfire while I was deployed with the military. RIP... I still have hopes for the WR450X too. :) Either would be worth the wait.

#18 ·
I've seen the shiver up close and it's a beautiful bike. the dors is based on the shiver. the dors is coming in november. price is suppose to be 1k-1500 more but I can't say for certain due the the USD vs euros.

I've read some people have had major problems. that and the fact that ape have terrible resale values. I would hold off on buying for a year or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.