SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All their listings read "08-09 Husky TE250-450-510". Unsure the difference....

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing, looks like it comes w/ non offset risers, which might suck for me, as I'm tall...

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Pretty damn sure it will work. I don't see anything different in that photo that would br different on the SMR. Hell, for all we know that could be an SMR in the pic. Call em tho if ya wanna be positive..

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 09 510

I put this on about 8 months ago. I had to mill my triple clamp to clear the post. Im sure they have made it work better by now. I got it when it first came out. Well worth it though!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, there post base looks different now. It would suck to have to remove all that to get the tank out of the way for valve checks.

How do you like the damper? I've always run one off road, but never on the street. The SMR feels nervous to me though, so I'm hoping it will help. (hard backroad twisties only)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got this from GPR....

im sorry but the 510 kit we have will not work on the smr.there is no room for a proper post mount.
On 6/28/2011 7:03 PM, greg wrote:
Can you verify fitment and part # for my 2009 Husqvarna 510 SMR motard? I see you offer a dirt version for "08-09 Husky TE250-450-510". Not sure if that works in my application... Thx, Greg

·
Registered
63 Posts
hmmmm... well looks like they didnt fix the mount problem. you can get the dirt one and modify the tripple clamp like I did and make it work. The guy from gpr came to my work and wanted to borrow my bike to make a correct mount. I just made the mount they gave me work. the pic up top has the first mount they gave me and the tank wouldn't fit. the other mount works but the tank is a bitch to put on and you have to mill the clamps to turn all the way side to side.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I assume you had to mill material off the rear of the triple? How much did you remove?

How much hassle is it to remove the tank with all that mount?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
just get Ohlins 2.0 your bike already has all the bling! i will post some pics of my bike with 2.0 when i put it all together:thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a MSC on my 2010 smr 510 bolt on works great 3modes 8 settings just for another option

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fantastic, the last owner who raced it had it up to 196 km/h running 15/38 at eastern creek (old 500 GP track , Australia ) its stable as , not even a wonder ,but saying that all the suspension has been done as well , cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts