SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I'm kinda new to this sumo stuff, and my bike is still getting sorted out I thought I'd find out some info. I've owned nothing but mostly yamahas all my life and one duc. My yammies all had a famous yamaha tick when idling, and the duc made all types of sweet noises... So I'm just wondering if the smc sounding slightly like a sewing machine is normal?

Anyone wanna chime in?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Yep noisy like crazy, a loud ass exhaust helps and ear plugs help:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet and sux at the same time lol. But at least it's normal than. Thx for the 411 :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I thought the same thing about my brand new 690 when I got it. I thought it had excessive valve noise but its just noisy.... 5k miles later and no issues you just learn to ignore it!! :D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The famous Ktm noises... They all do it lol

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
put on a aluminum skid plate and see what you think:D

if it wasn't for the several thousand miles i have done since i put mine on, i would still be freaking out every time i ride.

that shit will honestly scare the fuck out of you, no joke.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah, they really do sound like a sewing machine. I guess cause the engine makes so much noise that they have to put such a quiet silencer on it. I just rode an Aprilia RSV4 Factory and I couldn't believe how loud the stock exhaust was. I guess they can do that because the engine is quiet.

·
Registered
316 Posts
akrapovic - curing the tappidy tap tap since forever.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I thought the noise my 690smc was making was normal till today when it made a louder noise than it normally does it stalled in the middle of the road and wouldn't crank over like it is locked up. took it to my ktm dealer hope my warranty covers it

·
Registered
191 Posts
My Duke 690 engine has quieted down nicely at 23,000 miles. Its like a Timex watch, "Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'" It still runs great and fires right up every morning. I guess using the SPEC 4T Motorex Oil has paid off over the last three years. Superb.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts