SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just finished my 2nd ginormous cup of coffee this morning on an empty stomach(each cup is around the equivalent of 2 reg coffee mugs). Being the somewhat health nut I am, I checked my pulse for fun. My pulse was barely 65 BPM :eek: I don't get the jitters like a lot do. It actually has a bit of a calming and focus affect for me.

Maybe it's because I used to drink 2 Monster XXL's a day! Man, I saw in complete tunnel vision!

How does caffeine affect you?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I drink coffee all day long... now I really identify with that Five Hour Energy ad! Seems like every day around two, no matter how much caffeine I've consumed, I'll fall asleep at my desk.
If I don't have coffee by a certain amount of time after waking, I get a massive headache- so I guess I'm an addict!
On the days I play tennis (used to be a serious player and we still have pretty intense workouts on the court), I have to make sure to stop the madness earlier and start drinking water so I don't dehydrate myself.
Speaking of which, I'm gonna go get some coffee!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I get a massive headache- so I guess I'm an addict!
Hi, my name is Whaler..... and I'm a caffeine addict!

Although my poison is Mt Dew... and a lot of it. I find on the weekends when I'm not in my regimented daily routine, that I get headaches and groggy without it.

I suggest a class action lawsuit against Juan Valdez, Red Bull, Jolt Cola, and Pepsi Cola for what they have done to me!!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, headaches are the #1 sign that you are addicted to caffeine. It's called withdrawal symptoms my man - maybe you need to go to rehab ha ha ha...

I had gotten pretty good about cutting almost all caffeine out of my diet, but I realized I don't really get percolating (ha ha cheezy play on words) in the morning if I don't have something w/ some buzz chemicals in it.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suggest a class action lawsuit against Juan Valdez, Red Bull, Jolt Cola, and Pepsi Cola for what they have done to me!!!
Yeah, where the hell was the Surgeon General's warning on any of those?!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I heard they have all the coffee you can drink at AA,NA, rehab, etc... I'm in!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Caffine doesn't do a thing to me, I've lived most of my life drinking soda and staying up all night for video gaming with friends. I can seriously polish off a few Bawls (energy drinks) and actually be more tired than before.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
without caffiene I wouldnt be able to kick my bike over. i need lots of sleep to feel rested so when I have to wake up super early for race days I usually pound 2 or 3 monsters.

1 down by the riders meeting (for practice/heat)
1 in between heat and main
1 because I have nothing else to drink

I do alot of gatorade too

I can modulate during the work week because my job isnt that physically demanding so i try and tone it down...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
+1 on caffine not really affecting me. I can drink soda all day and neither feel it positively or negatively. But if I drink an energy drink i can feel it. I don't drink coffee. I do have a couple friends, twins actually, and they can't handle caffine at all. If they drink a mountain dew in the morning they can't sleep that night. And its not b/c they are all hyper off the caffine, it just throws their bodies off some how. I thought it was complete crap, and that it was just a mental thing for them. But they actually let me test diet coke on them, 1 got caffine free, the other got regular diet coke. And neither knew which was which, and the one with caffine couldn't sleep. I guess some people just can't handle it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I usually drink a Monster coffee in the morning, helps me concentrate at work and it doesn't make me crash in the afternoon like the normal Monsters do. I do notice that if it becomes routine the caffeine starts to lose its effect. So if I give myself a week or two before I drink any again, it seems to regain its effectiveness. And besides that I usually just drink water, no soda for me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You americans drink coffee out of soup bowls and chickenwing buckets no wonder you feel it!
Hey I resemble that remark but I am half Finish and I drink Americanos ( in the Netherlands that would be espresso and water ). No headaches for me and no rise in my pulse unless I have more than 2 soup bowls :laughingr

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
You americans drink coffee out of soup bowls and chickenwing buckets no wonder you feel it!

:lol: Being in Seattle we buy our coffe in Ice Cream buckets.....
We are to coffe like Amsterdam is to.....welll you get the idea....:rofl:

·
Registered
284 Posts
:lol: Being in Seattle we buy our coffe in Ice Cream buckets.....
We are to coffe like Amsterdam is to.....welll you get the idea....:rofl:
Hey Brian are you coming down to Pats on the 19th ,20th it would be nice to see some of you guy again. I guess I could come and race in Seattle some time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If I have any caffien after 3 PM, I wont get to sleep until at least 2 or 3 AM. But i gotta have my morning cup of joe.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Coffee brings my pulse from the 50's and 60's clear up into the 100's. If I haven't drank any in a while I break out in a sweat. Otherwise I seem ok. Always have to take a dump about 20mins after, too :rolleyes2:
easy cardio and a colon flush done in 20 min:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts