SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just brought my bike (2020 husqvarna 701 supermoto) in to fit a slipon exhaust / PCV and map it on a dyno but ive read on some places that i need a fuel dongle wich i told to the place where i brought in my bike, but he said that its not needed because i have a PCV and i shouldnt believe everything on the internet...

So thats why im here, do you need a fueling dongle with my setup / do you need to combine it with the PCV ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just brought my bike (2020 husqvarna 701 supermoto) in to fit a slipon exhaust / PCV and map it on a dyno but ive read on some places that i need a fuel dongle wich i told to the place where i brought in my bike, but he said that its not needed because i have a PCV and i shouldnt believe everything on the internet...

So thats why im here, do you need a fueling dongle with my setup / do you need to combine it with the PCV ?

If it is needed, can i just fit it when i get my bike back ? Or does it need to be mapped again when fitting the fuel dongle ? And do i need a o2 plug when placing the dongle ?

The fueling dongle allows the PCV to be tuned in the open loop - the pcv can also be disabled in the open loop area ( 0-10% throttle 0-5000rpm) such that it doesn’t try to make adjustments - this is appropriate if one is using the oxygen sensor - disabling the oxygen sensor ( fuel dongle) allows fixed values which means the pcv can run closed loop ( needs programming ) over the previous open loop area.

So not needed - not required - not useful - unless you are making other changes other than running a default map and a Slip-On ( ie: if you add Cc, change injectors , change the intake or exhaust diameter , and you also want to set the bike up for race only ( no part throttle cruising )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts

If it is needed, can i just fit it when i get my bike back ? Or does it need to be mapped again when fitting the fuel dongle ? And do i need a o2 plug when placing the dongle ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would say yes you do need one, but it’s all depending on mods you do ...Rottweiler Performance is the source that you can ask real questions to, and get real answers.

I have a 018 Husky 701 SM, exhaust to remove Catted Muffler , Rottweiler intake system, power Commander 5, Rottweiler Custom program for PC5, fuel dongle , removal of OX Sensor, exhaust plug . NO dyno tune.. CRAZY fast ,smoother pick up...

The money you’ll waste on a dyno run ,you could have purchased the Air intake system and other stuff from Rottweiler, If parts are purchased thru Rottweiler like the PC5 the custom tune is free, save another $50.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts