SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 07 drz with 4k miles. It has MRD exhaust, 3x3, k&n filter, and frc 39 carb.

When I'm at a stop light in neutral and I raise the RPM'S to take off the motor sounds like its bogging, I have to raise the RPM'S slowly to keep the bike from dying, the hotter the bike gets the worse my problem is. It kinda sounds like when you goose a weed eater really hard, it gets that wheezing sound, almost dies, then takes off. What's my issue? Idk what jetting is in the bike now and once I'm rolling the bike seems to run fine.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
the accelerator pump could be adjusted wrong. when you whack the throttle open it shoots a big squirt of gas into the engine. could be too much, reslutling in temporary richness. or not enough, meaning if you whack the trottle open, it gets too much air until the carb catches up. email SSW and see what settings they recommend. they will get you very close.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Your idle might be a bit low, pilot might be wrong, or the ap might be turning on early. I adjusted mine to come on later as well.

Also- what the heck are you doing with a K&N filter on that thing? Personally I would rip that thing out of there ASAP.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not to get off topic but what the heck is wrong with running a K&N??
Alot of guys have found that the Kn lets way too much dirt in...It is high flowing but at the cost of letting alot of dirt particles in the motor. If you do strictly street then you could be fine but if you ride in any kind of dirty conditions I would swap it out to something else...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Alot of guys have found that the Kn lets way too much dirt in...It is high flowing but at the cost of letting alot of dirt particles in the motor. If you do strictly street then you could be fine but if you ride in any kind of dirty conditions I would swap it out to something else...
OK, I guess it does make sense....more air more dirt. Im mostly a street guy but I like my trails too!!! I too run a K&N and knock on wood Ive had no problems....I guess we will see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not to worried about the k&n, im on the street 99.9% of the time and i use them on all my cars and truck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts