SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dirt worthy for sure. Draggy? In certain ways...

The larger front does slow down turn-in a bit, but once leaning it grabs hard. That feels somewhat draggy, but I am still completely satisfied

The rear is actually shorter than stock so gearing benefits and getting through the gears is easier yet, so that doesn't feel draggy at all. :thumbup:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thank you for making my decision on tires easier the next go around. Im at 1900 miles and my rear seems as the clock is ticking away on it. Is this going to be standard milage on a rear? I sure hope not as i will be replacing a rear every month and a half/two months. What kind of milage do you expect out of those?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not yet- just played around my neighborhood yesterday to break 'em in. Planning on taking a canyon cruise up to a nice trail I know this afternoon. I went up there a couple weeks ago and felt uneasy on the trail with street tires. I can't comment on longevity of either tire as I still have lots of life left on the Battleaxes after 1000 miles. Avon claims the Distanzias are designed for 90/10% street/trail use and should have good tread life on a larger enduro. I think they will wear very well on a sub-300 pound sumo. Time will tell...more pics soon!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I go through a couple rears a year street riding on a SMC... the yam will prob do a tad better though. The profile makes steering feel strange at first.. kinda feels like a low ft tire to me, but soon will not be noticed at all.
I've run em for a while now and doin dirt roads a bit I like em... not the stickiest tire by far, but to some degree predictable... I haven't had any "let go" but slide they do.
Look good on the WR!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just put some of these on my 426 and they are much better in dirt than I expected. I still lost the front a couple times, but for the performance on the road it's a good compromise.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I go through a couple rears a year street riding on a SMC... the yam will prob do a tad better though. The profile makes steering feel strange at first.. kinda feels like a low ft tire to me, but soon will not be noticed at all.
I've run em for a while now and doin dirt roads a bit I like em... not the stickiest tire by far, but to some degree predictable... I haven't had any "let go" but slide they do.
Look good on the WR!
Now im not carving canyon roads or trying to take the track by storm so i should be ok? And the wet traction is what worries me most, this is my commuter first and toy second, doing 80-100 mile round trips 5 days a weeks, so these look like the good choice for me I just dont wanna spend money on a tire that i will disapprove of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bike looks great. With all the upgrades are there any restrictors on it that can be taken off to get better performance. The guys at the dealership said that there were they just weren't for sure about them. They said the only one that they knew of was to cut the screen out of the muffler. Do you think this will work????

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think they would be a great commuter tire. Should be very adaptable to weather conditions, but can't say for sure. They feel very stable at speed, and as 1chicken said, they do feel different, but after just a few short rides I am feeling it less and less.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts