SuperMoto Junkie banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great thread!

I am also looking at joining the world of supermoto with an Aprilia SXV550. Local dealer has some '07's that had major engine problems, and they just resolved the issues with Aprilia by getting new bikes. Now they are selling them off for cheap, and they are including one of the old bikes as a spare parts bike. (that kinda scares me!) Anyways, for $6995 i get a new 2007 SXV and the old 2007 with everything except the motor. So complete spare plastics, rims, tires, chain, sprockets, forks, etc, everything! May have to go see the man tomorrow....

And thanks for the comments from all on the daily riding of these bikes. That was the one thing that was making me think long and hard about getting the bike. But the fun i could have riding it to school every day!

I think I am going to be happy that i sold my CBR last week.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
(that kinda scares me!) Anyways, for $6995 i get a new 2007 SXV and the old 2007 with everything except the motor. [/QUOTE]

that doesnt sound too bad. my dealer has new 07's for 4k even. i dont think id pay another 3 for a roller. you can get a bunch of much wanted aftermarket parts for that

·
Registered
3 Posts
In Canada that is a good price. Looked at buying one in the USA and bringing it up here, but for some reason Aprilia's cannot be imported from the USA. Stupid. Already tried, got shot down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer is SG Power in Victoria, BC, Canada.

Also looking at getting a new motor for the rolling spare bike. Waiting to hear price on new 550 motor. Any problem would be that it is considered a written off salvage bike so may not be able to register it for the street here, but would be great for a track/race bike.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts