1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I emailed amd got an answer... Supermoto bikes are NOT permitted in the regular racing.
They will however be adding a "Kitchen sink class and all sumo and flat trackers will be put into this class for fun racing!!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
looks like those red bull events where everybody wears a costume....

"all about getting novices to race their motorcycles – motorcycles that don’t fit into normal moto sport – at the minimum cost "

I think this is why motards and FT bikes are not allowed, then it would just be a real race,,,,, the entry is $75, kinda high for a fun event like this , would be worth watching for the highsides though

the thing to do ( if you live nearby) is build a barney bike sleeper that fits into a category, like an FT500 ascot or something, run street tires to get through tech then take the hot knife to the tires and give them some tread

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Verbatim....:

Hello!! Looking forward to your event.....

Coming from ..... it says something about Supermoto bikes..... I have one street plated with an ORV tab.... with lights and blinkers, What exactly does it mean by "its not innapropriate"??

I read this to mean a street plated vehicle is legal to race, is that correct?

BTW wanting to bring a 2005 KTM 525 SMR. stock motor, with big adventure tire knobbies on it for trail riding in Eastern WA dirt!!
Can I come race?

Hi
Dirt Quake is a concept for bikes that cannot compete anywhere else -
road bikes and choppers and street trackers. A KTM 525 can compete in
lots of events, so they're not in the spirit of the event. If you want
to race we can put you in the Kitchen Sink class with the dirt track
race bikes (that aren't suitable for the inappropriate class either).
I'm travelling at the moment, so might not be able to email promptly.
Gary Inman
Editor

Anyone see a ton of fun too!??!?!?!?!?!?!?:anim_peep:
Man my bike with these HUGE knobbies would be sweet!!!!:bannana:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts