SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i bought my ebc big brake kit for an 04-up crf450, so i was thinking about just buying a set of newer forks since i need new forks anyways. are the axle holes in the fork the same size? any idea the fork diameters where the triple clamps go on? thanks.
if anyone wants to trade 320mm relocation brackets with me that might work too. ahah.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The front axles are different sizes from 02 to 04. the 04 is slightly larger than the 02-03.
your trippin' ive used the same set of wheels on my 02 and my 07.....the axle may be a slightly different length as far as where it pinches (i dont think so but im not positive) but the diameter is the same anyway. besides, get 05 or newer forks if you're even gonna do it, they fit the same triple clamps size but the axle location is 2mm closer to the centerline of the actual fork tubes giving you more offset with the same set of triple clamps ( 02-04 CRF with an aftermarket 22mm offset triple clamp will feel like a stock 24mm triple clamp with the 05+ forks) crisper turning is slightly noticeable, just my opinion though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts