SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im new here and Im desperate for some information.
Im a completely unexperienced "greenhorn", so dont be too harsh :bowdown:

Im looking at a `04 525exc with approx. 270 hrs on the clock. The owner says shes only used for slow trails and has taken care of it. https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/ktm-exc-525-enduro-cross-hardenduro-supermoto/627146083-305-6558.
As youve probably already guessed because of the site we are on, Im would love to sumo it and Im wondering what all the parts could be.
So whats needed is wheels, brakes, front fender, maybe exhaust and if needed suspension.

The bike is advertised for 3000 Euros which is quite moderate compared to other excs from that year

Any knowledge or advice is greatly appreciated.

ps: Excuse the english

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Im new here and Im desperate for some information.
Im a completely unexperienced "greenhorn", so dont be too harsh :bowdown:

Im looking at a `04 525exc with approx. 270 hrs on the clock. The owner says shes only used for slow trails and has taken care of it. https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/ktm-exc-525-enduro-cross-hardenduro-supermoto/627146083-305-6558.
As youve probably already guessed because of the site we are on, Im would love to sumo it and Im wondering what all the parts could be.
So whats needed is wheels, brakes, front fender, maybe exhaust and if needed suspension.

The bike is advertised for 3000 Euros which is quite moderate compared to other excs from that year

Any knowledge or advice is greatly appreciated.

ps: Excuse the english

I have an 04 450 EXC in supermoto trim and absolutely love it. Been a blast to ride. I don't have nearly that many hours but I imagine a woman just riding slow trails would mean it's not beat to death. I don't know what the top end looks like after that many miles but if it's the stock top end I'd plan a possible rebuild in the future.

There are some sites that sell a whole supermoto kit ready to install and it's pretty simple. I recommend MotoXIndustries they are awesome to work with but sounds like you are across the pond. I imagine they would ship to you but dealing with someone local to you might be easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 04 450 EXC in supermoto trim and absolutely love it. Been a blast to ride. I don't have nearly that many hours but I imagine a woman just riding slow trails would mean it's not beat to death. I don't know what the top end looks like after that many miles but if it's the stock top end I'd plan a possible rebuild in the future.

There are some sites that sell a whole supermoto kit ready to install and it's pretty simple. I recommend MotoXIndustries they are awesome to work with but sounds like you are across the pond. I imagine they would ship to you but dealing with someone local to you might be easier.

Thanks a lot for the information, you guessed right, Im from across the pond. I will have to look into the costs and see whats doable.

Have a nice weekend and ride safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts