SuperMoto Junkie banner

Denver Metro Tarders

9K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Killbox 
#1 ·
I know there are more Sumo riders in the Denver area but we have so many old threads on here that we can't seem to get connected. Is there a way that the mods can close the other old ones?

Anyway, looking for some guys to ride with around the Denver area. I live in the Northwest side of town in Westminster. I ride pretty much all year as long as not terribly freezing but would like to meet up with some other riders. I am off Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so if anyone else is off during the week that would be ideal for law traffic!

PM me with your number and we can start getting some mega rides together downtown!

Tyler:bannana:

#3 ·
I am from colorado, and all of the 'tardees I know do not live near westminster. Friend request me if you want, and when me and my friends do some big rides (probably pikes peak rally time in the summer) I can probably throw out an invitation... that's about the best i can do.

#6 · (Edited)
Im in Boulder, i see some nice tards around town so i know they're out there

I was planning on going to IMI this sunday but theres a supermoto race. Open track after 1:30 but its not worth it to pay 40 and get a half day. Ill be going next weekend maybe next week during the day for sure.

#8 ·
As long as there isnt a supermoto or kart race that day (check their schedule online) they let bikes alternate sessions with customers who rent karts and racers who come to practice. Usually between 20-30 minutes each session, unless its busy which it is most weekends, then the wait can be up to an hour or more. But when that happens they let the bikes go for a good 30 minutes plus. Sometimes theres no karters, which is rare and bikes just go all day. Best time to go if you want to be by yourself is on a weekday. Its 40 bucks, 9am to sun down. Fun track, ive been going for over 2 years now.

It can be a hassle when its busy, alot of "squids" go there seeing as the only safety requirements are a helmet jacket and jeans (sadly I wear jeans with knee pads and armor underneath ha ha) and passing them on a skinny track is un nerving. If your into the dirt stuff, they have 3 really nice tracks for only 15$.

#10 ·
Glad to see you get off that death trap haha

I wont be going to imi any time soon either as previously stated. I cheaped out on a warp 9 "floating" rotor and am paying for it. DONT EVER BUY WARP 9 PARTS. They are 3/3 on screwing me over with horrible quallity products!

#14 ·
Supposed to meet up with a guy in Ft Collins Friday for a possible partial trade for a '08 WR250X.
I had a WR250R a few years ago and it was decent. Never been on a DRZ. Trying to come out of it with $2-3k in cash.
If things don't work out, I might give you a shout!
Rode in today - perfect weather this morning! :)

#17 ·
I live right out side of Morrison and have a matte black GX650moto I haven't seen too many SUMOS out here but I know they're around. Anybody wanna go take some turns reply here. Too many good roads in the front range to not take advantage of.

#22 ·
Finally got my top end rebuilt, anyone in the north metro want to go out to IMI let me know. I work nights so i can ride days during the week. Have a sportbike too if anyone wants to go on a long ride

#25 ·
I'm new to Colorado. Just got out of the Army and moved here for the great VA. Raced dirt bikes as a teen and then crotch rockets when I wasn't deployed. Recently bitten by the supermoto bug after my last brush with death on my 2012 zx10r abs. Looking for a good group of guys that are down to ride, I'm a disabled Vet so I don't work which makes me available to ride everyday. Not going to lie I'm mostly looking for guys who wanna ride similar to guys like " Jake the garden snake" or " Chase on 2 wheels" for anyone who watched motard YouTube channels. I'm not looking to putt around town and vlog as much as I'm looking for an adrenaline rush with a bunch of like minded people.

2002 KX250
2005 R6 stunt bike
2008 GSXR 1000
2012 ZX10R ABS
2009 WR250X, my fiancé's
2012 WR450F street legal SuMo

#27 ·
T Giv you look like the exact person im lookong to ride with. I need a wheelie buddy. There was one guy in ft collins that wanted to ride but i dropped my phone in the toilet and lost his number. Austin with the sxv 550 hit me up if you see this. But my number is 303 598 6047 if you wanna send a text before the next ride T Giv.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.