SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
motorcyclesuperstore.com just kicked my ass. I just ordered distanzia's :D , fmf pipe, the wiseco fuel programmer an oil filter and some grips.

I'm excited about this fuel management. The price is fair, I've never had a bad piston from them, and I really like how the adjustments are setup like a remote controlled carb with the usually 3 adjustments :bowdown:

Wiseco still doesn't show a high compression piston, that would be a february project i'd enjoy. If anyone wants a big bore kit done flip me 100 bucks and i'll get some practice in before I do mine :arsenal

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
rez pony has JE 13.5:1 pistons for the WRX. i was going to do it for quite awhile, but in the end decided against it

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've put almost 7000 miles on this bike with just an air flapper mod. I think I'll wait until my piston starts to sound funny or I need to check my valves before I break this engine open.

I'd like to find a better oil this oil change. Mainly to improve the clutch operation.

I've used 10w40 yamalube since new. Any suggestions ... I'm listening :coffee:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i had been using full synthetic elf but the dealership isnt an elf dealer anymore so ive just been using suzuki full synthetic.

I think I'll wait until my piston starts to sound funny or I need to check my valves before I break this engine open.
youll be waiting forever. 26k first valve check and the piston will never sound funny unless you never change the oil or run it with no oil. you can adjust the valves with the engine in. its got to come out to tear the top end down.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
yes, on the 400 its no problem doing a top end with the engine in. on the 250, it has to come out. but the whole engine cradle comes out with the motor on it. the frame seperates right under the steering neck, and right under/behind (cant remember without looking at it) the foot pegs...

i just use suzuki oil. full synthetic. i think its 10-30 or 10-40. its just the regular-ol' shit. i would imagine full synt yamalube would work just as good. youre clutch isnt working properly? as long as its motorcycle and not car oil (because the clutch plates are in the engine oil) your clutch should be fine.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I run Mobil 1 10w40 full synethic in mine and it runs perfect and shifts perfect, dont think your gonna see much of a difference with any oils really.

and +1 on the waiting thing, you wont kill that motor so if doing a big bore or a piston is desired just do it cuz your not gonna have an issue with the stock motor thats pretty much a given.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
are you using ssythetic yamalube or fortified? or just regular dino-juice? mine does that from time to time but only i go way too far between changes. yamalube should work fine. i mean, its a yamaha motorcycle. if you asked Mr. yamaha what oil to put in it, hed tell you yamalube. just use full synth. its the gold bottle. your problem should dissapear.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
2500 full stunt miles on my bike this year and i've never felt any clutch slippage of any kind. i ride in parking lots a lot and practice circles where i'm constantly slipping the clutch and clutching the bike up onto one wheel over and over and over again for hours at a time, plus all the street stuntin i do clutchin up in 3rd 4th even 5th sometimes. deff go with a full synthetic and you should be fine i beat the snot out of my bike

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've put almost 7000 miles on this bike with just an air flapper mod. I think I'll wait until my piston starts to sound funny or I need to check my valves before I break this engine open.

I'd like to find a better oil this oil change. Mainly to improve the clutch operation.

I've used 10w40 yamalube since new. Any suggestions ... I'm listening :coffee:
amsoil... check it out. use it in all my bikes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
From the owners manual:

Recommended engine oil grade:
API service SG type or higher, JASO standard MA

I've always used the standard MA. I am looking into the amsoil now, it appears only a few dollars more and a much better quality. Just need to check on the SG type or higher.

10W-40 Advanced Synthetic Motorcycle Oil MCF

looks like the choice, and its avaliable in a 275 gallon tote! lmao

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
If I forget to change my oil as soon as I usually do I get the crabby feeling. As soon as I feel it the first time, I change it. I don't wait till I feel it every time, but I I forget it reminds me. Goes away with fresh oil. But that's quite a ways. I usually change it at 1000ish miles. Comes out looking clean though.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
i wouldnt be worried about the ma or sg or whatever the letters and such are, any good brand of motorcycle oil should be fine. i changed my oil once this year at well over 1500 miles on it. i've either never felt it or never noticed it which is odd for how i ride my bike. my bike has had synthetic in it since it was brand new tho.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts