SuperMoto Junkie banner

421 - 435 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I got tired of replacing the bulb every other ride. Ordered the jellyfish led unit, notified was out of stock would I take a smoked one. Got that one. Just a few months ago finally scored a jellyfish one with built in blinkers. At least the smoked one is E3 approved. They pop up in Europe all the time, helps if you search for a 950 tail light, I believe that's the one. If you ever need a stocker HMU. Now just need brighter LEDs for the dash lights. Oops have to go check eBay now.

We must...We must...increase our boost

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got tired of replacing the bulb every other ride. Ordered the jellyfish led unit, notified was out of stock would I take a smoked one. Got that one. Just a few months ago finally scored a jellyfish one with built in blinkers. At least the smoked one is E3 approved. They pop up in Europe all the time, helps if you search for a 950 tail light, I believe that's the one. If you ever need a stocker HMU. Now just need brighter LEDs for the dash lights. Oops have to go check eBay now.

Thanks for the search engine keywords :D
I rode mine all season last year with all the same filament bulbs, but figured I'd pony up for the LED bulbpacks since I knew it would just be a matter of time. The tail vibes so hard on mine that it snapped the aluminum license plate frame off at G&J last summer, so it was hard to believe the bulbs lasted like they did.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I got the evotech tail tidy. 5 pounds of hardware to keep it all together. I went a lot overkill on it. Awesome so far, and I can flip the plate up under the fender.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got the evotech tail tidy. 5 pounds of hardware to keep it all together. I went a lot overkill on it. Awesome so far, and I can flip the plate up under the fender.

The guy I bought mine from fabbed a sweet aluminum license bracket from 1" flatbar, but I'm pretty sure that where the bends were made ended up separating the material which is where/why it broke. I'm reusing his design, but with stainless flatbar and heating it while it's being bent - steel will be more tolerant to the vibration.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any wheel builders here? I need to move the rear wheel 4 to 5 mm to the right because its rubbing on my chain.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Any wheel builders here? I need to move the rear wheel 4 to 5 mm to the right because its rubbing on my chain.
No need to tear the wheel down, or even remove from the bike. Put the bike on a stand, nab a spoke wrench, rig up a couple indicators to check for true, and be prepared to take your time as this takes a while the first time or 2 you do it. Please check these links out and save me a bunch of typing LOL.

https://www.diymotofix.com/blog/how-to-true-a-dirt-bike-wheel-yourself

https://youtu.be/cFuRndMgerc

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Anybody doing any riding this weekend near Dayton.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Damn! I didn't know that was today. Is that still at the dragons stadium?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I wish I would have planned for that. I went the first year and that was a good time. Celtic festival was going on at the same time so it was double the fun.

421 - 435 of 435 Posts