SuperMoto Junkie banner

381 - 400 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Where you guys play at? Metal is my shit.
We just played at Oddbody's Music Room ( the old McGuffy's on Burkhardt Rd - my rhythm guitarist owns it now ) Friday night. We plan to be back there on April 8th to open for the metal band he's trying to book for that date. Other than that, we dont have much on the books because we're writing more new material right now. Hit up our facebook for details...

https://www.facebook.com/thereeferhut

·
Registered
186 Posts

Also got a new toy myself. One of the first 2016 zx -10r s in the country. It's at brocks performance now getting his whole work up done
NICE -- Those are awesome machines. WSBK team were almost complaining about them being basically too fast during their initial testing.
Brock's Performance will do wonders for that bike. If there's power to be found, he'll find it.
I bought a ZX14 from one of his engineers that had his StreetMeg system and dynotuned to perfection, and my wife lended them her Ninja300 to design their system with so she got loud and proud last summer too LOL

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ohio Mini Racing League. Sumo converted CRF150s and XR100s race on cart tracks. About the cheapest form of motorcycle racing and looks like an absolute hoot. Think they have bigger bike classes too
Yes, several race classes including supermoto race class that is unlimited engine size and modification.

$10 track days

$50-$60 race weekends.

Great organization. Fast riders. Good competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Holly crap, I need to get into this...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
If you're curious, or would like any help from rules, to bike prep, or just general questions, let me know. I'd love to grow the big bike class!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Pretty much all of the info... I have an 07 ktm 690 sm and would love to get that thing out there. Not looking to convert to a track bike but want to get it out there every once and a while. I have way too much fun with it on the road to make the full conversion.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It would be something I would ride to the event make the necessary swaps and ride home. Don't have a truck or trailer to transport

·
Registered
172 Posts
It would be something I would ride to the event make the necessary swaps and ride home. Don't have a truck or trailer to transport

Come out to G&J in Camden. It's close, super fun, and only $10 for the day. You won't have to modify your bike for just a practice day. It would be a good idea to remove mirrors, lights, and license plate. Also wear all the gear you own. It's preferable to wear 1 piece leathers, race boots, gauntlet gloves, back protector, and full face helmet. That gear isn't absolutely necessary, just preferred.

If you really dig it, and want to try racing, but not on your own bike: the club has rental xr100's (the most popular race class).

I'll probably start hitting up G&J come March for my initial shake down and tuning.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have gaunts, riding boots(not race quality but still good astars) jacket and full face helmet. I'll make sure I bring tape for the light and tools to get the mirrors off..... I'm pretty sure ur my new best friend.lol. best news I've heard all week. Didn't even know this place existed, much less for so freaking cheap.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Come out to G&J in Camden. It's close, super fun, and only $10 for the day. You won't have to modify your bike for just a practice day. It would be a good idea to remove mirrors, lights, and license plate. Also wear all the gear you own. It's preferable to wear 1 piece leathers, race boots, gauntlet gloves, back protector, and full face helmet. That gear isn't absolutely necessary, just preferred.

If you really dig it, and want to try racing, but not on your own bike: the club has rental xr100's (the most popular race class).

I'll probably start hitting up G&J come March for my initial shake down and tuning.

Dude! I just now caught on to the s/n correlation, you're OhioRiders too right?
Wife and I plan to hit G&J several times this season. Have you heard any news about Wilmington's cartway yet? Would be another great locale for cheap, fun, tracktime

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have gaunts, riding boots(not race quality but still good astars) jacket and full face helmet. I'll make sure I bring tape for the light and tools to get the mirrors off..... I'm pretty sure ur my new best friend.lol. best news I've heard all week. Didn't even know this place existed, much less for so freaking cheap.

I rode G&J a few times last year, and didn't do anything to my bike other than pull my mirrors and fuses for the head/tail lamps. They're not anal about much as long as you behave yourself :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Dude! I just now caught on to the s/n correlation, you're OhioRiders too right?
Wife and I plan to hit G&J several times this season. Have you heard any news about Wilmington's cartway yet? Would be another great locale for cheap, fun, tracktime
No luck on Wilmington cartway... I asked him last year and he said his insurance would double... Basically every single excuse there is to not let bikes on the track.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No luck on Wilmington cartway... I asked him last year and he said his insurance would double... Basically every single excuse there is to not let bikes on the track.
i can confirm this.

we also tried to talk them into it for OMRL, but they didn't want the bikes to tear up the asphalt when we crash. they also said something about insurance liability, but i dont think they checked with their insurance provider... i can't imagine bikes having any worse insurance than karts. both are dangerous...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i can confirm this.

we also tried to talk them into it for OMRL, but they didn't want the bikes to tear up the asphalt when we crash. they also said something about insurance liability, but i dont think they checked with their insurance provider... i can't imagine bikes having any worse insurance than karts. both are dangerous...
Yeah I think he was trying to look good on Facebook when a couple of people asked about bikes and he acted like he would. When it comes down to it he just simply does not want two wheels on that track.

When we ride at the rally's we will put on some serious miles anywhere from just over 100 to 200 depending on which rally(Ohio or NC). That's hard riding with minimal straight aways. But I won't ride nearly that far if I have to do highway. I'll trailer to g&j or backwoods. My rule of thumb is I'll pound the pavement for about a half hour to find some decent roads, otherwise I'll just pull it there.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
dudes

lets all hook up for beer bull shit and pizza soon for a meet and greet
mike welcome sweet 690 I try to ride everyday in the summer
come out to sugarcreek and ride the awesome roads we have
hell mut U B da man I want to see your band

381 - 400 of 435 Posts