SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I'm new to the forum day 1 actually. and before i posted this i searched to see if there was someone with the same issue as i have ...

my issue. i bought a 2007 sm610 (used) took it for a test ride everything was in order and working fine looked good ,bought the bike. started riding it everyday to and from work, and notice if i held it at a certain point in the throttle at steady rpm i felt a slight almost miss or sputter..thought nothing of it, well this sputter or "miss" has got worse. i can still ride at like a 1/4 throttle but as soon as i go to get on it and say pass or wheelie, it sputters out big time,could this be electrical somehow,or I'm hoping not timing, but because it had gotten worse my mechanic says try electrical first, also my speedo gauge stopped working, it was lit up but the speed reading was jumping all over the place. last thing this is my first big single bike do they all have vibrate a bit??

things I've done since its gotten bad:

checked valves
checked/cleaned carb
checked tps
replaced the spark plug

any other suggestions or ideas is much appreciated

and if anyone had a link to good manual to download that would be great.

cheers guys glad to be here...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Start with the basics mate... Air, Fuel, Spark. You have sorted your spark with a new plug, but what about air? Is the air filter sealing properly? Is it filthy and blocked? Spark should be no issue if you just replaced the plug... I'm convinced this is a fuelling issue though. That's the first place I start. Drain the tank and give it a gut full of high-grade fuel. It very well might be shit fuel. if that fails, buy a brand new set of jets, the same size as the old ones, since you said they were originally running fine. should be less than 20 bucks. Drop them in. See if that fixes your issue.... If that doesn't, I suggest it's time to ask a professional....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts