SuperMoto Junkie banner

cyclopse vs black momba

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Yodannyc 
#1 ·
alright guys im ordering either the aceribis cyclopse head light or a black momba... which one has better lighting? are they a lot worse thank stock?

#3 ·
My brother has a Cyclops on his SM. Lighting isn't bad compared to stock. Mine is stock so I'm familiar with both.

But, I'm sure SV stock lighting is better than SM stock lighting.

I *think* the Cyclops uses a higher wattage bulb than the Mamba. The Mamba beats it in looks IMO, but the Cyclops isn't as ugly in person than what pictures make it look like. ;)

#4 ·
i think the black mamba is 35 or 40 watts, cyclops will have better lighting considering its 55 watts.

#6 ·
If you follow the directions on Thumpertalk for wiring the the Cyclops, it will run with both bulbs on high beam. The mod costs about $3 or less.

I like my Cyclops better than stock because the low beam lights a much wider area than the stock headlight. Cannot say if it is better than the Mamba though as I have not seen one in person.

#8 ·
CAN'T**

i have one on my drz400sm it was kinda confusing to wire and mounting it sucked! but seriously dont get it if you are looking for better lighting, go with the acerbis DHH CE and get the color you want. or just stay with the stock light because that is what is going back on my drz.

#10 ·
I have the cyclops and it is not bad. I just dont like the look of it. Although I will admit, it is growing on me. I am still undecided as to if i will change it or not. As far as lighting goes it is great with the highbeam and only ok with just the one light on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.