SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a cyclopes head light for my drz, and i was wondering if it is worth the money, or if yall have any other suggested head lights??? And thanks for all the info you guys its helpin alot!!!! laterz :thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got the cyclops for my DRZ. As far as looks go, I think it looks alot better than stock. In terms of light output at night, it is pretty lame. The way it comes wired, you have to install a diode to allow both lights to come on in high beam mode. Without this mode you will only get one light to work at a time. If you don't venture around at night, go for it, but if you plan on night riding, I would look for another alternative.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have one and the diode mod only takes a few minutes and only cost a couple bucks. I like it far better than the stock, both for looks and weight reduction. I actually think it is better at night, but that is just me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Headlight

I've put these lights on my DR-Z, they are called Rage, bought them from a local supplier, cpst £30.00, about $60. I have them wired so that the outer lights are on all the time with the two central lights on if the flash button is pressed, or the main beam switch is on. The fixing was easy, using the bottom standard mount together with two brackets from the fitting kit supplied. Took about 10 minutes to install including wiring.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've put these lights on my DR-Z, they are called Rage, bought them from a local supplier, cpst £30.00, about $60. I have them wired so that the outer lights are on all the time with the two central lights on if the flash button is pressed, or the main beam switch is on. The fixing was easy, using the bottom standard mount together with two brackets from the fitting kit supplied. Took about 10 minutes to install including wiring.
Is that made by Acerbis as well? I've not seen those before, gorgeous either way!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Reddeth, don't think it's from Acerbis, I got it from M and P Bikes in Swansea, it's listed on their website, google mandp, mine is catalogue ref 548221, £29.95. There are 6 different colours, all have black lowers around the lights but different top spoilers. M and P do really quick mail order, hope this helps.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That rage headlight looks almost identical to the Acerbis Diamond headlight. So if you like it, you can get it almost anywhere.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've got the diamond light on mine and I think its brighter then stock. I don't see how every one thinks its not. You guy's probably got em pointed at the ground. As far as the diode mod goes theres a lot essayer way. When you switch your high beam on you switch off the power to the low beam off. Just bypass the switch and wire the low beam to be always on. I think it was the yellow and white striped wire to positive. This is way brighter the stock.

·
Registered
843 Posts
That rage headlight looks almost identical to the Acerbis Diamond headlight. So if you like it, you can get it almost anywhere.
Looks like the Black Mamba on Motostano's site to me. Great, now I want one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi missile, do you have a chance to put some pictures online on how you fixed this headlight ? I ordered it from Forrest, but having so trouble fixing it ... would be greatly appreciated !!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I would agree the stock Cyclops with halogen h3's is weaker than most stock lights, but with the diode trick, or even better, putting HID bulbs into it, its pretty decent. I run one with HID's on my 625 SMC and I ride at night a lot, and its good. The main problem i have now is that the lights aren't adjustable in the Cyclops and my high beam shoots way high and to the right. The only thing you can do is jimmy around the bulb to try and change the light pattern.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Diode Mod for Cyclopes?

I have one and the diode mod only takes a few minutes and only cost a couple bucks. I like it far better than the stock, both for looks and weight reduction. I actually think it is better at night, but that is just me.
The lowbeam bulb went out (or broke) after a few rides. I am not shelling out $60 for a new assembly so was wondering does anyone know if the highbeam halo fits? It is $8.95 same wattage and I saw on another forum that it DID work, but no pics. I am running on highbeam right now to makeup for it as I have it wired for lowbeam being the round (right) and the small light in the flood side. High is ALL (but obviously without the blown round light atm)

Help is appreciated as I am not the most mechanically minded individual, but I can figure it out.

Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had it in my SM for around 2 nights and decided it wasn't enough. I put in a 55 Watt HID from DDM and that's what stayed until I sold the bike. If you ride woods at night I would suggest a Baja Designs S2 or Squadron but if you mostly or only ride street at night, HID cant be beat. F*ck all that don't put an HID in a stock housing BS, the way I see it if a car driver is bothered by my headlight at least they know I'm there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts