SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im usually a pretty responsible rider and try not to piss too may people off but about a week ago i cut to the front of a light and went by only one car and the dude in the car got out and clamed to be a memeber of "hells angels" and told me i give motorcyclists a bad name. i just told him, dude i dont want to get rear ended or have no place to go. but today on my way to work there was a 2 lane left turn light and im sitting up front watching my mirriors behind me and im in the far left lane and i see a car coming up fast in the lane next to me then i see smoke and im like ohh shit here it goes so i move out of danger and the car next to me gets hit reaaaallly hard. i cant help but think what if that was me. i know it pisses people off but im just keeping my self safe. so do you guys cut or no?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I dont cut, but here is all bad roads, I always make sure I'm on the white line, or angeld towards it

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
+1!

I won't take the bike out of gear until at least 2 cars are behind me. And I keep it angled toward a getaway line.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I imagine cutting to the front here in Michgan would double your chances of getting hit, they'd nail you on purpose. I ALWAYS watch my six at a stoplight, too many people out there drinking their Starbucks while talking on their cellphone in a daze. I don't like people squeezing by me at a stoplight or intersection to turn when I'm going straight so I don't squeeze by them.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
If the dude was a real outlaw biker...he woulda just punched you and knocked you off your bike. There would have been no discussion.

·
Banned
531 Posts
If the dude was a real outlaw biker...he woulda just punched you and knocked you off your bike. There would have been no discussion.
If "the dude" was a REAL outlaw "biker" he wouldn't be driving a cage.

Pussy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If "the dude" was a REAL outlaw "biker" he wouldn't be driving a cage.

Pussy.
Hell, if the dude was the real deal, he wouldn't be bantering out the fact that he was HA as an opener.

More likely he was a dentist late for his first appointment.

Sooooo, what model Volvo was he driving? :infrandom

·
Registered
926 Posts
+1. Anyone who tells you "I'm a Hells Angel" ISN'T.

Unless of course he whispers it into your ear while he's holding you up off the floor by the collar of your limp and tattered body. :eek: (Then he drops you like a sack of potatos.)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I always go to the front. Let em get pissed, I'll be gone long before they have a chance to say anything. The only time I dont is if I'm making a left and there are 2 left turn lanes. People do weird things while turning, and I dont wanna risk being in the middle of it. In CA lane splitting is legal though, so most people are used to having bikes pass them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I split all the time. That's why SUMOs have handguards so you don't hurt your fingers bashing mirrors of cars on your way through.

*PLUS* I don't want my high performance machine over heating in traffic.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
if the dude was really getting out of his car to fuck with you, either run the light, or fuggin hit him... its not as scary being in a fight when you have carbon fiber knuckles, a jacket with full armor, and a full face helmet on. LOL.

as for lane splitting, i only do it maybe twice a month. if that... while i could do it safely and responsibly on a regular basis, its not a normal thing on the east coast, and if a cop saw me, hed nail me hard for it.. its specifically mentioned in the vehicle code in south carolina.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I do it if there's more than 3 or 4 cars in line. I don't want my bike over heating sitting at a quick light. Usually by the time I get to the front of a long line it turns green so no waiting. But it's legal here in Kali...

·
Registered
247 Posts
On several separate occasions, I've overheard people bitching about motorcyclists that split lanes. For some reason it really pisses people off, and I don't understand why!

The ENTIRE rest of the world sees it being as normal as passing on the left, but for some reason Americans get really angry when they see someone else doing something they wish they could do.

I split lanes if traffic is really backed up, or I'm late, or it's raining, but I try to keep it to a minimum. Not because I care that all the cagers are becoming jealously enraged as I pass them, but because it is unfortunately illegal in my state.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
it looks like weve finally figured out one thing that is better about cali than texas. sadly, we are not allowed to lane split here.
yea, thats one of the only things Cali has that i actually want in my state.

when i lived in dallas, id lane split occasionally... i remember one time being blocked and "pulled over" by a cop in his own pickup... he asked me if i thought it was fair to cut ahead while everyone else had to wait.

this was back when i was a smartass kid, and i replied something along the lines of " of course its fair! why should i have to wait when i can go around? if you dont like it, go buy a bike, it cost less then your trucks tires" (dude had 40 something inch tires on his truck.)

i didnt get a ticket.. but mostly because 1. he didnt have a ticket book, and 2.. i just kinda rode off... not bright, but nothing ever came of it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts