SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who's done it and how?

i'm thinking a cutting torch is the way to go, just afraid of cutting through the baffle (someone else will be doing it if it's with a cutting torch).

·
Registered
608 Posts
its very think metal. just us a dremel and u will be fine. I cut a lil too far i didnt realize that silencer was so thin..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Loud Pipe = Small Dick

We got stickers if you want one.

Come on guys, sound is killing our sport!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wound up using a cutting tool and leaving half the noise reducer in there.

the goal wasn't extra sound, it was reduction of heat.

i'll find out in two weeks if it worked, or if it's back to square one.

·
Registered
608 Posts
what!! They are called thumpers for a reason!! Let them be heard!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sound is killing our sport???? No, idiot motorcyclists are killing our sport. Maybe if people would be responsible (loud or not) we wouldnt get such a bad wrap. I personally like to be able to hear my bike with my helmet on.

·
Registered
579 Posts
not to mention the bikes are so small and stock they are so quiet they are invisible to cars. if they dont see me the damn well are going to hear me:thumbup:

·
Registered
952 Posts
not to mention the bikes are so small and stock they are so quiet they are invisible to cars. if they dont see me the damn well are going to hear me:thumbup:
Exactly, anything that brings attention to me helps me to avoid getting run into by some idiot driving and not paying any attention to what is going on around him.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Maybe you should go preach in the Harley forums about how "sound is killing our sport". That would be a good start and should get you quite far.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Maybe you should go preach in the Harley forums about how "sound is killing our sport". That would be a good start and should get you quite far.
:thumbup::Funny:

And since rinding motorcycles is getting more and more popular these days, how is the sport dying??? I know why our sport (supermoto specifically) is dying. Because the lack of promotion by the AMA and lack of coverage on TV...Most people dont even know what it is, that is why i am stoked that the X-Games and Moto X World Championships have been showing off what supermotos are capable of doing. I am not saying i want it to be the next cool thing to do but i think motorcyclists (not squids on brand new sportbikes in flip flops and t-shirts but real motorcyclists) would be shocked if they saw what dirtbikes with slicks were able to do.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lets hear some reviews on the mod. I've been on the fence about this for awhile.

Start a thread in 'street tarders' if you want to debate if loud pipes are good or bad for other people.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lets hear some reviews on the mod. I've been on the fence about this for awhile.

Start a thread in 'street tarders' if you want to debate if loud pipes are good or bad for other people.
gained a ton of low end and mid range power. lost a tiny bit on the top. it was totally worth it. the bike was way too choked up with the stock pipe. if i remember right (did it 2 years ago) bike also runs slightly cooler... idling or very low speed/stop and go caused it to load up and flame out.

just do it. really easy mod. just use a dremel like advised. buy a cheap one from sears if you don't want to spend $60 on dremel brand tool.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
gained a ton of low end and mid range power. lost a tiny bit on the top. it was totally worth it. the bike was way too choked up with the stock pipe. if i remember right (did it 2 years ago) bike also runs slightly cooler... idling or very low speed/stop and go caused it to load up and flame out.

just do it. really easy mod. just use a dremel like advised. buy a cheap one from sears if you don't want to spend $60 on dremel brand tool.

exactly what he said :thumbup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
gained a ton of low end and mid range power. lost a tiny bit on the top.
I think you just made up my mind.

How much louder is it? I've been enjoying a semi-quiet pipe. I don't want to draw attention if you know what I mean :rolleyes: but I'd love more low/mid power

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
honestly if you do it right, you wont have a gap at the ass end causing all the packing to come out and make it pretty much unbearable...oops....but they hear you coming.....as far as power goes, it will turn your bike into a mean wheelie machine!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Removing the small tube unfortunately makes the bike A LOT LOUDER. The bike will sound and act like it has an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
93 Posts
so after a huge pain in the ass to get the end cap off. take a look at this:

My muffler is competely different from any I have seen online. Not only does the end cap hook up to a chamber, but I am going to have to repack it to fit it all back together!! :rant:

I am debating if I want to cut the chamber off and weld a tube to the end cap and make it a straight thru muffler or not now.

What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts