SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like everyone is building crf450x's!
im not complaining tho, they are a sweet bike to start from.. and so easy to get on the road.
i bought my 2006 model about 6 months ago for riding in the dirt, but after scoring a sweet set of 17's on ebay im converted..

so, this is what i had to start with-
2006 crf450x, completely stock standard, done 2000 dirt kilometers. i dont have a pic of that sorry!
just after i got it, i bought a one industries Baily replica kit, and a new set of all red plastics.

i could only find a kit for the crf450r, so had to do some modifying..

then i put on my wheels.. they are morad rims, with talon hubs and stainless spokes, running michilin pilots.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

then, did a track day.. and got addicted..

my gearing was way out, so i have bought some new sprockets, i added some rim stripes last night, which ill take some pics of soon.. i also opened up the airbox and did the pink wire mod.

other plans for the next few weeks are
-custom step seat, using the blue baily seat cover that came with my kit
-new front brake setup
-some kind of sweet exhaust
-dyno tune/rejet
-trailtech
-get it street legal
- anything else you guys come up with that i like the sound of!

thanks for looking :thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, todays update...
scored some hd foam for my step seat
and this motomaster setup!! :D

uuc328
holy ginormous fender
i know hey.. guess i beter get a moto style one.. you guys like acerbis or cycra?

·
Registered
50 Posts
[QUOTE

i know hey.. guess i beter get a moto style one.. you guys like acerbis or cycra?[/QUOTE]
I have had the acerbis "de-beaked" forever but that cycra has grown on me so much that I'm switching

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still waiting on my break setup to arrive.. but i started working on my step seat today. still need to do some more sanding, glue the hump down and find some shorter staples for the cover.
oh and i missed out on a sweet yoshi TI pipe on ebay by 10 bucks! :damn:

and, heres a pic of my rime stripes on.. i havent decided if i like it or not, but i can always just rip em off if i get sick of it!
tonight, ill order a new cycra/acerbis fender.. and keep scoping out ebay for a new pipe!
ooh yeah, it is coming together! cant wait to get this on the road!! :D

·
Registered
525 Posts
I actually think the rim strips look pretty good, at least from those pictures, they make the gold a lot more dynamic color :thumbup:

the blue seat should bring it all together

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XR-MANU - i like your style! do you have plans to motard yours?
I'm thinking about some blue oval number plate backgrounds for mine..
Also, where did you get that clutch cover protector? I think i need one!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bit more progress today, my new fender arrived! And i found a spare fender decal for it..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My break arrived!! :D just gotta get some new bolts cos it didnt come with any.

sorry bout these bad pics, only had my iphone on me.

In other news, last night i won an arlen ness titanium two piece suit on ebay, for $200 new with tags! Cant wait for it to get here.. my next track day will be a bit less scary, now that i have leather instead of moto-x nylons!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

has any one tried these suits? from what ive read they are meant to be pretty good!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, my project has lost a little momentum over the last few weeks 'cause its snow season here in australia and ive been a bit distracted!
But, hopefully these couple of purchases should get this thing moving again!

Stealth Vapor kit..

New bars..

also got some pro taper mounts, and grips.

Once i get the vapor installed and working, i should be ready to take it to the shop for a dynotune and roadworthy inspection! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Made a bit of progress on the weekend, finally got my step seat finished and got my brakes bled up and working nicely..:D

[/URL]

[/URL]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got my vapor installed this weekend, it all went pretty smooth. The instructions were really good, and the speed sensor mounted up pretty easy on my motomaster caliper bracket.

There were a few options on how to wire up the tacho, I went with the wrap the wire around the spark plug lead option.. Seems to work ok, but I haven't taken it for a long run yet.

Cut the temp sensor into a radiator hose.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally!

So, its been a long time since i started this project, but i have finally got it finished, and registered today. and, oh man. so fun! cant believe i left it sitting in the garage so long. This thing is brilliant on the road! I have to say, of all the mods, my favorite would have to be the jd jet kit. it starts and runs like a sweetheart now! it revs cleanly right to the limiter.
Im running 15 45 gearing, and the only engine mods are the easy ones, like opened up airbox, as per honda racing specs, pink wire mod, fmf exhaust, and the JD jet kit, needle clip in the third position, and 170 main jet. Ive only taken it for two rides, but i dont think im going to have to change anything!
try to ignore the ugly chain guard, i had to put it on to pass an inspection today.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
:thumbup:
That looks great!! I love the rims!
Congrats on your progress with the build. :clap:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wanted to be real salty with the blue as well, but it just looks right.

I would say old skool even.

:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts