SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been building my '03 450 and have a Q? about jetting.Engine is stock,the Intake mods include a ScaryFast Powershot accel.pump cover,F2 Racing Fastcap(Float Drain Cap), and an Afe Intake/Filter Kit.New exhaust is a Yoshi Pro-Ti Full system.Do I need to buy a full jetting kit or can I just raise the needle one position and go from #170 to #175 on the MainJet?? She 's a little on the lean side. I 've included a few pics of the project.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i recommend jd jetting......his needles are custom triple tapred and off a wide range of settings........directions included..........what's your issue though?.....nice 03.....i love mine

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I've tuned alot of bikes before,and though I haven't ridden this one alot,my ears tell me it's a little lean.Just up in the range of the needle,runs good off idle.And I'm only guessing that I'll have to bump up the main,with the freer flowing exhaust.Hoping for help!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
a lean needle has symptoms of surging while cruising half throttle......the main should be bumped up to 175 for sure.......

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crf69 your help is much appreciated.I need to ride it some after all the changes ,but at least I know where to start.:bowdown:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
hey man no problem.......i have plenty of crf450r tuning under my belt.....i have two of them.......one is sumo and other is dirt only

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You dog ,I'm green w/ envy.2 450's ,grrrr. All I've got is a set of stock wheels w/the orig. knobbies.Takes a couple hours of switching around to go off in the dirt.Thanks again for your help,my friend.I rode some gravel road w/ the Distanzias and felt like Eddie Lawson-Broadslides Are Us.(but no real traction)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts