SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST FINISHED UP MY DUAL EXHAUST CONVERSION ON MY 2007 CRF450R....TRIED TO MAKE A WRITE-UP TWICE BUT KEPT LOSING MY WORK ON HERE IF ANYBODYS INTERESTED HIT ME UP!!!! LOOKS SICK ON A SM, PERFORMANCE GAINS ON THE LOW & MID RANGE, LITTLE QUITER WHAT I WAS AFTER AND THE SWAP WAS EASIER THAN EXPECTED!!!!!!

PICS OF MY SUPERMOTO (MY PHOTO BUCKET) :D

http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/SUPERMOTO450RR/slideshow/SUPERMOTO

·
Registered
402 Posts
Pics looks nice, Love the end result.
Im in the middle of a crf450r/x hybrid rebuild... looking into doing a dual conversion also. Not for noise but for looks. My issue is the frame is off an
04 450r..considering switching over to a 05 x rear end to get the air box\battery following by a custom dual setup

what spec was the exhaust? year model etc..

·
Registered
133 Posts
this looks great, what year dual cans did you get, and the y pipe, details please i am looking to do a dual exhaust on my supermoto thank you

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Looks cool... Nice job

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys sorry for the delayed response!!!! The bike is an 07 CRF450R model, I purchased a factory YPIPE and the leovince dual system for the 07 CRF250R model since they were factory duals.....currently only running a oem header but plan to upgrade to a powerbomb header and get it CERAMIC COATED to help cut down on engine temps since this is a street motard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I searched the internet high and low when I performed this conversion looking for help and came out pretty empty handed so I just kinda went out and did it myself if anybody would like some help or some pointers plz feel free to ask hope I can be of some assistance!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why doe?

I've never understood why you would want dual exhaust besides that the ones getting them obviously think it looks cool.

Honda said that it would even out the weight on the motocross bikes, but the slip on is not that heavy like..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys

The subframe is stock 450R model subframe (my bike is a 07 450R)

I PURCHASED a stock Y-pipe for a 07 crf250r, and a dual muffler set up for a 07 250R. You need a small piece of exhaust tubing (about 3in long) to kick out the Y-pipe to clear the behind the airbox. Only thing you also gotta get is longer bolts for the rear fender mounts (where your going to mount the mufflers) these are the bolts that mount the rear fender and run through the tail of the subframe.

VERY easy swap to do I was AMAZED how easy it went when I first performed it. Quiter than stock pipes (nice for mine since street legal), looks cool and performance INCREASED over my previous exhaust (big gun)

·
Registered
131 Posts
looks sweet!! Not sure about the performance gains...
I thought about trying it but thats just more weight, TWICE the cost and more pretty stuff to get hurt..
sure does look cool tho

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey guys

The subframe is stock 450R model subframe (my bike is a 07 450R)

I PURCHASED a stock Y-pipe for a 07 crf250r, and a dual muffler set up for a 07 250R. You need a small piece of exhaust tubing (about 3in long) to kick out the Y-pipe to clear the behind the airbox. Only thing you also gotta get is longer bolts for the rear fender mounts (where your going to mount the mufflers) these are the bolts that mount the rear fender and run through the tail of the subframe.

VERY easy swap to do I was AMAZED how easy it went when I first performed it. Quiter than stock pipes (nice for mine since street legal), looks cool and performance INCREASED over my previous exhaust (big gun)
Thanks for the info! Bow I gotta figure out of an 07 R subframe will fit on an 05X frame...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks great! Planning on doing the same to mine. I've ordered a second hand Y piece from a 2007 CRF250R that comes with silencers (OEM). I'll get everything lined up and then when it's all fitted i'll order some decent silencers. Will have to be next payday as I've just ordered a Lighting stator too :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I searched the internet high and low when I performed this conversion looking for help and came out pretty empty handed so I just kinda went out and did it myself if anybody would like some help or some pointers plz feel free to ask hope I can be of some assistance!!!!!!!
Hey bud I have a 05 crf450r I want to do the conversion on where do I start

1 - 20 of 21 Posts