SuperMoto Junkie banner

CRF450R Complete part out!

5K views 67 replies 27 participants last post by  Scalku 
#1 ·
This first post is to just get stuff up here, I will add follow-up posts with more extensive pictures/pricing etc., but I am short on time as of right now so I will get the ball rolling.

Here is the link to the CL ad: http://bozeman.craigslist.org/mcy/3117216838.html
The bike is located in Bozeman, MT. Buyers are responsible for shipping, however I will package up parts with materials on my own dime.

Since I posted the ad:

1)my trans oil drain bolt stripped out (a couple bolts are stripped out due to a "hamfisted" PO who owned it for about 2 months), so I would have to pull the engine anyway to re-tap/replace the crankcase, which was just rebuilt. (probably the nail in the coffin as to why I want to sell this bike).
2)the rear tube has a leak around the stem, and needs replacing. I can take the tire off, and sell the rim separate from the tire, but I would rather keep it on to make it easier to ship.
3) the engine has ~22 hours on it, and I do not plan to put any more hours on the bike.
4) rear tire tread is now at about 65% life left, maybe more.

The reason why I want to sell my stuff is listed in the ad, but my main motivation is that I really want a Husaberg that is just gathering dust at a local dealer

You can PM me or post on this thread, I typically check multiple times each day.

See less See more
#4 ·
How much for the wheels? They're black right?
I was hoping to sell a supermoto kit with the wheels, tires, full length brembo master, a ss line (I have 3 lines, so a longer one if you plan to have a headlight), caliper, caliper relocator, and brembo floating disc, a rear sprocket, and a rear disc. AKA I would like to wait a little bit before I would consider the option of breaking up the package. The wheels are black and the hubs are red, non-anodized stainless steel spokes/nips. Not sure if they are HD spokes or not, but i wouldn't be surprised if they were.

How much for the brembo shorty master cylinder, what size. PalPay? Shipping to New Zealand.
I will check on what the price range for international shipping would be for a master.

I should be able to start posting the prices I would like for things tomorrow.

#5 ·
So you planning to bring a Berg to the Sun Road ride then? :thumbup:

Sucks to see you selling this bike before I even got a chance to check it out in person though. However, I can understand the draw of a nice shiny new ride like the one you're looking at when the one you got is giving you headaches.

GLWS!

#6 ·
thanks! and if I am not able to get the husa before the trip, then I might just end up buying some street bias tires for my xr and using that instead.

Fingers crossed!

#7 · (Edited)
supermoto kit, $1600 (wheels, tires, front tube still good, brembo: master - relocator - caliper - floating disc, ss line, EBC rear disc, 45t aluminum sprocket)
forks $275
$135 for all white plastics including x2
rear shock $150
trail tech kickstand $85
SME front axle slider, rear axle block slider $85
ufo footpeg sliders $5 (one needs new rubber mounts, I would go to a machine shop and ask for a metal tab and drill it out to fit, i will get pics of what I mean)
devol rad guards and skid plate, powder coated white $160
factory effex B4 seat cover, never installed, black $30
big gun evo limited series full exhaust system. $250 (I know the can is aluminum, but idk about the header) This pipe is loud, and is spark arrested according to the label on the pipe.
inquire about trail-tech electrical system. I have the trail tech SR-8201A kit installed (70W DC)
trail tech vapor with dashboard $130

like i said, the whole bike is getting parted out, so if you need/want something, just ask. These are what i would consider to be the desirable parts off the bat.

#10 ·
2008 head (w/ cam, cam carrier, cam cover, and spark plug) $525 (price is justified IMO b/c it only has ~20 hrs on it, and has kibblewhite ss valves)
tank (to petcock) with rock cap/vent $280

turn signals $40 (four, never installed, only tested to see if they work): these are the same ones, mine are smoke in color (they blink in amber if you are concered about LEOs), and have bullet connectors installed for the leads http://www.motostrano.com/X586-Led-Turn-Signals-p/d45-58-617.htm
black plastics $50 number plate strap that goes through the bars is broken, otherwise all is well (number plate, fork guards, front&rear fender, rad shrouds, rear shrouds, graphics still applied)
carbon fiber frame guards $35 (right one is in great shape, the left one is mounted to the subframe/frame bolt, and the flange on the left one is cracked there. It mounts fine, but will move around, so bondo-ing the back side would fix that right up)
Forks: i will copy/paste what I wrote to a guy inquiring about them via PM in the next update
subframe $100, straight, red in color, the left rear shroud mounting hole (not the one w/ the seat mount) is stripped, but it currently works with a larger bolt... the PO must've really liked to tighten things? :headscrat
the X2 (offroad) was spliced to mount up with the wiring harness, expect to solder up some wires $30
DRC Phantom tail light in red $15

#11 ·
Forks:

The forks were both rebuilt, and all parts polished with a special fork resurfacing machine less than a month ago, so these suckers are mint (<5 hours of use since refinished/rebuilt). The previous owner set the forks up for racing with air space of 380, oil weight of 5, compression of 14 and rebound of 10. I have only changed the compression and rebound rates in order to have better handling on the street. There MAY be some pro-action internals inside, which act as upgrades to stock parts, but all of those parts are interchangeable with stock parts, IF they are in there. I only assume some of the components are pro-action as the stickers on the side and the pro-action build specs for the forks.

#16 · (Edited)
I would be interested in:

-Protaper bars and the white supermoto handguards
-A SS front line, longer the better, i can check if the 45" will work
-swingarm chain slider - is it stock or aftermarket?
-the 15t front sprocket and the 42 tooth supersprox rear
-white sm front fender, headlight, and white fork guards

-what front brake master cylinders do you have available seperate?

#18 ·
-Bars $45
-SM handguards *NFS* (belongs on my next bike :D)
-swingarm chain slider, made by me, make me an offer ($)

-how about this package: 15t and 42t Supersprox (gold), RK 520 O-ring chain (used for the 20 engine hours and cut to length for that very 15/42 setup), ground down fastway case saver (you will have to grind down your current case saver if you want to fit a 15t with any protection, so this one would come in handy) all for $110
-ask me later regarding front fender/headlight/fork guards as I have been pm'd for all plastics as a package.
-front masters: I have two brembo masters, they both have XXXX-13 for serial numbers, so i assume they are the 13mm. The one which was on tommy hayden's supermoto is cut down a bit so it is like a shorty lever, then there is the identical one which has not been cut, currently on my bike. Then I have the stock master running an ASV "unbreakable" lever on it.

galfer rear wave rotor and pads: $40
the 320mm front rotor which was used on tommy hayden's bike: (on the right)

^this one seems much better than the brembo rotor^
Still got the dirt wheels (pro taper 48t sprocket, rear disc, front disc, spacers, front and rear wheel): $500

#20 · (Edited)
sale of everything but spare parts pending. check back wednesday/thursday evening for more info.

NEVERMIND: the buyer just got called out to fight a forest fire for the next few weeks. Everything is free game.

Footpegs: nothing aftermarket, I feel these stock ones are more than grippy enough for my preferences. The stock footpegs also fit the ufo footpeg sliders (mentioned above) :thumbup
Shorty (cut) brembo master: $60 (serial number: SF05-13, other brembo master Serial number: 6G18-13)
both masters have this "Brembo A1" stamped on it as well:

#23 ·
so you have two 320 front brake rotors? how much for each of them?
$125 take your pick

The blue one is a "powerslide moto" rotor, has a higher carbon content (will rust a little bit, but should stop better than the stainless brembo), and was part of tommy hayden's brake setup. I read on another thread here, that "powerslide moto" is made by/for/in association with factoryproracing.com

#30 ·
I have a brand new one sitting in its box at my parents' house, so I technically have two. They are out of town (visiting me), so it would take about a week extra if you wanted the new one. $60+shipping works for me. shipping should be $45-50

product will work on these bikes:
Honda CR 125R/250R 04-07
· Honda CRF250R 04-09
· Honda CRF450R 04-08
· Honda 250X/450X 04-09

#32 ·
Attention people!

There has been a family emergency since they got here in town, and my computer crashed today ...while installing norton antivirus :headscrat and I will not have any real spare time to pay attention to this stuff here for a few days. I have read your messages, I will try to reply to them as I can squeeze it into my time before bed, but please don't think I am being negligent to your inquiries. Thank you, everyone for your understanding.

#33 ·
Back in business!

Got my family stuff squared away, and I got my computer fixed. I am going to go see what it would take to fix up the left crankcase, so as of now I am going to leave all of the forementioned SM specific parts on the table, and keep the dirt setup and try to sell the bike in dirt trim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.