SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I just rebuilt my 02 motor and after connecting the pulsar to the alt. I burned the CDI out and had to replace it; the problem is the bike must be pull started when it is cold;( once started the bike runs great and usually will start on first kick). I did all the mechanical checks and finally came to ign and no spark is visiable by kicking. Did resistance checkes for coil,alt and all passed;did peak voltage with regular digital meter with peak hold and only showed 15vac coming from exciter coil. I am about to buy a alt. asseb. but when it is warmed up it will start on the first kick most of the times; intermit will be very hard to kick start when warm. Last thing to add in, is the plug cap is showing excessive ohms but tried with other cap with no spark success by kicking. Needing some opionions before I drop $260.00 on a alt. asseb.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Alright I just rebuilt my 02 motor and after connecting the pulsar to the alt. I burned the CDI out and had to replace it; the problem is the bike must be pull started when it is cold;( once started the bike runs great and usually will start on first kick). I did all the mechanical checks and finally came to ign and no spark is visiable by kicking. Did resistance checkes for coil,alt and all passed;did peak voltage with regular digital meter with peak hold and only showed 15vac coming from exciter coil. I am about to buy a alt. asseb. but when it is warmed up it will start on the first kick most of the times; intermit will be very hard to kick start when warm. Last thing to add in, is the plug cap is showing excessive ohms but tried with other cap with no spark success by kicking. Needing some opionions before I drop $260.00 on a alt. asseb.

I had a simalr problem, relpaced all the ignition form a parts bike, still no spark. two weeks later I finally figured out there was a small crack in the magnet on my flywheel, what a nightmare that was, LOL. It would still run at higher R's but had to be bump started down a hill to get it lit, no way to kick start it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a simalr problem, relpaced all the ignition form a parts bike, still no spark. two weeks later I finally figured out there was a small crack in the magnet on my flywheel, what a nightmare that was, LOL. It would still run at higher R's but had to be bump started down a hill to get it lit, no way to kick start it.
I have the same problem I have the 03 crf450r

1 - 5 of 5 Posts