SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I need some help figuring out some things. Im new to the supermoto world and I just purchased a 07 CRF150R (dirt setup). I am having my mechanic setup everything but the wheels because i cant seem to find any. Im looking for the 12'' wheels that would fit the 150, any suggestions?? I have been looking at these pitster pro wheels but i have no idea if they would fit. Please give me a hand someone!

Thank you all!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like you might have to get a pair of 150r hubs and lace some aftermarket rims.

I don't know of any stock 12" wheels that would be wide enough to handle 20 odd hp AND fit the 150r's axle size and spacing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this subject... What width should i get in the rims and where could i find them???

Thanks a lot for your help!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Now's the time to use the search button. There's lots of opinions and retailers about tires, rims, and combos of both. Take a good survey what people are saying, then decide for yourself.

Just a heads up- motorcycle superstore has a good sale going on for tires.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The 150 handles MUCH BETTER with 17 inch wheels! That is what most people run. You need the CRF150RB as it has alonger swing arm for the 17 inch wheels to fit. B= big wheels!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Either Bridgestone BT-601SS or Dunlop TT92 tires. The Bridgestones are supposed to be better, but they are expensive and a little harder to find.
Yeah i just found the dunlop's in our parts unlimited catalog. They are coming out extremely cheap with our dealer prices. thanks for the suggestion. By next week ill have the bike completly set up. And then ill post some pics :bannana:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Cool. i like 12's better on smaller go-cart style tracks too. The dunlops tt92's are really good tires but i have also heard the bridgestones are better.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah i just found the dunlop's in our parts unlimited catalog. They are coming out extremely cheap with our dealer prices. thanks for the suggestion. By next week ill have the bike completly set up. And then ill post some pics :bannana:
I work part-time at a shop with a P/U account. The cost on Dunlops through the shop works out to about half of what I've found Bridgestones for. I have ridden the Bridgestones on a KTM 105, they absolutely rock. I have no experience with the TT92s, though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sava MC31
PMT super soft
Bridestone
Dunlop TT92
Vee Rubber
CST
Inova

I have ridden all of these tyres. if you want to race, i go round the outside of guys on dunlop's on kart tracks. they are good if the temperature is very hot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts