SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new to supermoto and i just got a crf150r small wheel. I honestly don't like the look of the 17'' or 12'' rims, and I'm on a really tight budget and need to keep it as cheap as possible. I found a michelin scooter wheel 100/90-14 and I was wondering if it would fit the stock small wheel rear rim and also how do you think it would perform and if they are too narrow for supermoto.
here's the link
http://www.bikebandit.com/avon-am63-viper-stryke-scooter-tire
This particular tire isn't the 100/90-14 but there are similar tires at this website.
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You may have better luck than I did, but I recently tried a street tire on the 16" RB rear. The bead wouldn't hold very well. About 6 laps to be exact before it let go. The tire I used was too stiff to allow the bead lock to go in and still mount the tire. If you can't get a bead lock in, I wouldn't run it.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you remember how similar the tire size was for that street tire you put on? like compared to the height and width of the dirt tire? or do street and dirt tires really act that much different?

·
Registered
734 Posts
do you remember how similar the tire size was for that street tire you put on? like compared to the height and width of the dirt tire? or do street and dirt tires really act that much different?
You should be able to run Bridgestone BT-45s without issue on the o.e. rims.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ran a 130 rear on a set of stock rims, it was extremely difficult to mount, like almost impossible, but once they were on there I had no problems

·
Registered
205 Posts
We use Pirelli MT75 in 90/80-17 for the front and Diablo SC 100/90 - 14 . Grips just fine. $160 for a set. This is on a YZ85 that has 17 front and 14 rear/ stock rim. Hope that helps. Ran this set up at Grange/ Apex/ Willow Springs Kart and Horse Thief Mile at Willow Springs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran a 130 rear on a set of stock rims, it was extremely difficult to mount, like almost impossible, but once they were on there I had no problems
I'm deciding between 130 and 110, which would you prefer. Could you possibly send a pic of your tire?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i now have a new question. I just acquired a pair of cr80 wheels for super cheap, thinking that i could just use these wheels for supermoto and my wheels for dirt and just easily exchange them. Now, i've been reading online that they don't interchange because the axel on the cr80/85 is smaller then the crf150r. But couldn't i just use the cr80 axel and then just put it on the crf? would that work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts