SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of warp 9 wheels used from a guy with an 08 450r. I installed the wheels on my 06 crf 450x. The back seems fines, wheel doesnt turn all that easy but i guess its about on par for a dirtbike with the chain guide rubbing the sprocket.

but when i start to tighten the front up, the wheel gets too tight. i'm using my x axles and spacer, and put the speedo hub in there as the right side spacer. I know the wheel doesnt have the grooves to spin it which is fine, but i thought i could just use it as a spacer.

So what do i actually need to do to get this setup working? The guy told me he called the company and they said it would swap over fine because they only have one wheel set that both r and x guys use. The only hitch would be the odometer wouldnt function. i called the company a few times but never got a hold of anybody.

so who knows for sure and can help me out ?? :ride:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ran into that,the hubs are specifically for the "X" model.The tabs on the speedo drive must engage the recesses milled into the hub or it could bind.When I had dirt track wheels built for my "X",he laced Excels onto stock hubs.Maybe you could lose the drive tangs and run no odometer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the warp 9 hubs are FOR the x? Maybe i didnt line the tabs on the speedo up into the hub correctly? yikes!

I didnt notice anything in there though, it looked all hollow. I pull it apart and have another look, and shoot a photo

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a vapor / magnetic setup now, so i dont care if the odo functions. If i can use that as a spacer i will, otherwise i'll order a stock spacer for x?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds to me like the hubs are NOT for the X. If the guy you bought it from was runing an R, He would have had to run a different setup on the axle. The R axle has a longer flange on the rt side due to no speedo drive. If this is a wheel for an R, just get an R axle, and leave the speedo drive off. I run R wheels on my 450X this way, and it works great!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just looked at my stock wheels, and the odo drive is the spacer for the rt side. It is possible that you might have to run a speedo drive disable adapter that is used to remove the stock speedo drive, and seal the brgs on a stock dirt wheel. You really need to look at your dirt wheels, and compare them with the supermoto wheels. If they are for the X, they will look exactly the same on the rt side!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts