SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to build/convert over a honda crf 450r to motard status. I would like to see pictures from those of you that have made the conversion. Just so I can get an idea of the variations of what it will look like. Thanks
brian

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i'll start off with a bang for july 4th!.......
one daY I TORE IT APRT TO GREASE IT.....THEN TWO DAYS LATER I DECIDED TO MAKE IT UNIQUE......3400 BUCKS LATER I'M STREET LEGAL SUPERMOTO GUISE

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
THE TRICKDUALSPORT KIT IS TOP NOTCH.......THE HEADLIGHT LOOKS DUMB BUT IT'S WHAT BEHIND THAT COUNTS.....trickdualsport.com

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
oh i stra8up traded my 954rr for this bought new in late 06

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1st. Your bike is just bad ass.

2nd. I am cool with 3400 to make the change.

3rd. Your bike is just bad ass.

4th. Love the red bull catch can.

thanks for the reply post and the build pics. I am looking forward to doing it. Are there any parts that you went over the top with that you didnt really need, or could have went cheaper or are you like me and just want to know that you did it with the best stuff. How is the dependability/maintenance. I know its a honda but your not in the woods anymore. thanks again. hope to see more pics soon.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i shaved it so i could run a did x-ring for the no adjustment every other day with a non oring............parts that are oveer the top......prolly just the front brembo caliper which was 440!!!!........stock could of done me good but i wanted the look........the extra performance was not needed for strreet.......that's about it for unneccessary purchases.......i chabge the oils every 6 hours and filter's at 12......religiously........15-43 sprockets good for my area where i never cruise over 45mph because anything over while cruising is no good.......it will do 98mph though........i just own it for shit's and giggles around town! ......i also have a 03crf450r that is so reliable.....granted i dont race.......it has never blownup let a valve go or anything!......i attest that to never letting the oils go bad and doing air filter changes every other ride....... i got more pics but gotta go to work now be back in twelve

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

Well I had a lot into it... too much to write about unless anyone's got a question. I wired up the parts that I liked so I didn't have to deal with ugly kits

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am lovin the bikes fellas. i appreciate the pics. would you guys recommend doing the conversion or just buying one such as a ktm or husky.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts