SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a 2nd set of forks for my 06 CRF 450R what years could I use? are they all the same inside accept for the 02-04's use a different caliper bracket? Are the 450X's the same, what about the 250 's I know the springs will all be diferent but I am just looking for a cheap set that I can dedicate to SM and leave my stockers set up for MX. Thanks for any info.

I can't seem to search on here, it disconects me from the net.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes they are the same on the R's except for the brake bracket on the 02-04 models, but as long as you got the caliper with the forks it wouldn't matter. The X's are not the same, they are about .200 wider than the R models, but the brake brackets remain the same over the X and the R's. I am not sure about the 250's someone else will have to chime in on that one. Hope this helps.

Late

·
Registered
797 Posts
um

you will want to use 05 or newer....they have a different offset at the axle holder and if you use earlier forks it will feel like you went from a 22mm clamp to a 24 mm clamp.... it will push more and handle slower and you wont like it as much (unless you have high speed stability issues now then you may like it better).....SO any forks from any CRF-R's OR CR250R but 05 and newer would be the best for your bike to "feel" the same (minus the obvious valving differences) ....not sure if the 125 stuff is the same... i think the X fork tubes would work but the triple clamp is different and something might be different for the trip meter stuff.....
AND actually as far as brake caliper pickup points, the 02-03 are the same, the 04 is the year it changed on the brake caliper adapter dealy so your 06 caliper should fit 04 forks, but the 04 forks have more offset at the axle pin. just get 05 or later. problem solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts