SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m new to this supermoto world Im trying to convert my crf 250l 2015 & I was wondering if a rim size 17 5” would it fit my rear side

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think you need to back up to "what size tire do I want for a 250?".... I just put some Duke II mags on a KTM520, and when I was talking to AJ at Warp9, he said they didn't recommend anything wider than a 150 on a 4.25" rear rim...... I feel like 150 would be plenty on a 250cc, maybe even 140....Hopefully some other 250 people will chime in!!

Back in the day when we were racing indoor mini-supermoto we found that the fastest way around the track was with the same width tires front and rear.... so we went to 100mm on front and dropped the rear down to 100 as well. Not nearly as cool looking, but definitely faster. From that point of view, I am sure you can fit a 120 front, (maybe 130), and a 140 or 150 rear is a pretty good match.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you need to back up to "what size tire do I want for a 250?".... I just put some Duke II mags on a KTM520, and when I was talking to AJ at Warp9, he said they didn't recommend anything wider than a 150 on a 4.25" rear rim...... I feel like 150 would be plenty on a 250cc, maybe even 140....Hopefully some other 250 people will chime in!!

Back in the day when we were racing indoor mini-supermoto we found that the fastest way around the track was with the same width tires front and rear.... so we went to 100mm on front and dropped the rear down to 100 as well. Not nearly as cool looking, but definitely faster. From that point of view, I am sure you can fit a 120 front, (maybe 130), and a 140 or 150 rear is a pretty good match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts