SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went down on my smc doing about 75mph. i came down from a wheelie leaning and the front end washed out like ice the bike slid over 100 yards down the road on the opposite side,luckly there was no oncomming cars or i wouldnt be here to tell my story. but antways, i am very impressed the bike held up really good with minimal damage and 0 plastic damage! how ever my skin did not hold up so well to the pavement. i got rushed to the hospitol in an ambolence and was there for 11 hours.i endede up having a broken and dislocated shoulderand a massive amount of road rash. i will post pictures of the bike soon, and possibly rash pictures if anyone is intrested in some brutal shit.

wear a helmet. and wear gloves because roadrash on your hands is horrible.i have skin hanging off my fingure tips. it is well worth it to invest in gloves.

take care. ride safe.:arsenal

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Sorry dude. I got jacked up many years ago w/ severe road rash and a bunch of broken bones which resulted in 3 surgeries. It's a tough lesson to learn. I do still occasionally putt around w/o a jacket on but I keep my speeds very slow when I do. No 70 mph wheelies that's for sure. W/ proper gear you would have likely stood up, dusted yourself off, and rode your bike home.

I hope you get to feeling better.

·
Registered
189 Posts
:infrandom:wtf::headscrat Ever hear of a track? You needed injuries to find this out? Find a spell check program , And that's "well" not "good" Way to go , on your first post !
Damn! Give the guy a break.... well I guess he already has one to deal with. He said he has skin hanging off his fingertips, probably why he misspelled a few words.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i went down on my smc doing about 75mph. i came down from a wheelie leaning and the front end washed out like ice the bike slid over 100 yards down the road on the opposite side,luckly there was no oncomming cars or i wouldnt be here to tell my story. but antways, i am very impressed the bike held up really good with minimal damage and 0 plastic damage! how ever my skin did not hold up so well to the pavement. i got rushed to the hospitol in an ambolence and was there for 11 hours.i endede up having a broken and dislocated shoulderand a massive amount of road rash. i will post pictures of the bike soon, and possibly rash pictures if anyone is intrested in some brutal shit.

wear a helmet. and wear gloves because roadrash on your hands is horrible.i have skin hanging off my fingure tips. it is well worth it to invest in gloves.

take care. ride safe.:arsenal
Post some pics whenever you get a chance. Did you have insurance on the bike?

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
considering im laying down typing with my fingure nail the spellings not bad, but o yah i almost forgot i dont care what you think guzco. and by the way there is no tracks in ct. and you cant wheelie at the track.

·
Registered
84 Posts
:infrandom:wtf::headscrat Ever hear of a track? You needed injuries to find this out? Find a spell check program , And that's "well" not "good" Way to go , on your first post !
kicking the guy when he's down...:headshake

"690smc".. have a speedy recovery:thumbup:

·
Registered
569 Posts
ignore guzco, I have MS and my arm and hand are almost completely numb and can't feel the keys with my right hand, people that don't have the problems don't understand

sorry to hear about the crash....i never go without boots, jacket, gloves and boots and i feel naked without leathers so i don't push it if i don't have full leathers and back protector on

post up pics of you and the bike when you get a chance, I got some good road rash on my butt one time while roadracing and the stitching let loose on my leathers from too much road rash, ouch, couldn't sit for a few weeks

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Bummer man!

Def need to invest in some gear. I've wrecked ( low-sided ) w/ a 75mph get off before but was in full leather -- was able to get up and dust off. Had PLENTY of crashes here, and thankfully i've always been suited up ready for em - a 500$ leather suit goes a long way :bike:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i dont really want to see your road rash pics, but go take some now while it looks its nastyist... you'll want them later when your friend/nephew/kid/whoever starts riding, and you see them without gear.

·
Registered
76 Posts
get better. post pics. keep doin wheelies and all that good stuff on the street! nothing wrong with it. :arsenal

1 - 20 of 84 Posts